(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
G. R. Schloemer
- Occupation: Retired Manufacturer's Rep
- Resident: Wyoming/Springfield Township
- Education: BS BA # University of Cincinnati MBA # Xavier University
- An incumbent serving Hamilton/Warren counties, I'm serving on the Resources committee monitoring teacher quality and licensure;
- Board representative for gifted and special needs children.
- Previous board experience includes two terms on Oak Hills Board (including president).
- I wholeheartedly support Dr. Susan Zelman's goal to make Ohio #1 in education.
Michael E. "Mike" Helton
- To implement the "No Child Left Behind" Act.
- Narrow achievement gap: reduce the disparity between achieving students and disadvantaged minorities.
- Improve pre-teaching programs in Ohio colleges and professional development programs for teachers.
- Occupation: Copier Service Technician
- BS Secondary Education
- Honorably discharged U. S. Marine
Michael O. Eshleman
- To get majority control of education to the local district level
- To repeal standardized state-wide-testing laws.
- To create realistic qualifications for ohio teacher certification.
- Occupation: Writer
- Resident: Turtlecreek Township
- Education: Lebanon H.S. 1996, U. of Cincinnati, BA in Political Science, 2001
- K-12 in public schools; candidate for Lebanon City School Board, 1997, 1999, 2001;
- Have actually taken the proficiency tests the Board oversees;
- recent college graduate whose first-hand experience would be useful in drafting college prep curriculum.
- Secure local control of schools
- Reform teacher licensing
- Focus on fundamentals, not frills
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
News and Analysis
- Ohio Campaign Finance Data Base
Cincinnati.com Election 2002
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Ohio State School Board