League of Women Voters of Ohio
Butler County, OH
November 5, 2002 Election
State Representative; Ohio State General Assembly; District 54 Voter Information
2 Year Term.
|Responsibilities: To represent the people of the district and State of Ohio in dealing with matters not allocated to the federal government.
(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Gregory V. Jolivette
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: restaurant owner
- Former Mayor of Hamilton
- Chairman of Ohio House Health Committee
Arnold D. Engel
- Quality Health Care for affordable cost
- More efficient State Government
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: retired
- Mr. Engel is 47 years old and has been retired for 4 years.
- He spent the last 15 years in the workforce as a service technician, installing and servicing automated equipment throughout the country and the world
- Mr. Engel is married and has a great 13 year old son Josh.
- He is the founder of the Fairfield parents group (CARE) Citizens for Accountability and Results in Education.
- He is a member of the AFL-CIO Labor council.
- He was one of the Butler County sales tax referendum leaders.
- To move the bills that are important to the people of this State through the legislature. Such as HB290, SB 30 and the Supreme Court DeRolphs decision
- To reduce spending
- To bring more living wage jobs to Ohio
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Cincinnati.com Election 2002
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Ohio House
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:42 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.