(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Ohio Attorney General
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts- English/Art, Bowling Green State University Juris Doctor, University of Toledo College of Law
- 1995-Present Ohio Attorney General
- 1989-1994 State Senator, District 2
- 1981-1988 Wood County Prosecutor
Helen Knipe Smith
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Directed first Home Improvement Linked Deposit Program
- EDUCATION: M.A. Case Western Reserve University B.A. Maryville, University
- Directed first Home Improvement Linked Deposit Program in the state for Cuyahoga County; Served on tax appeal board
- TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: 1979 to 1997 Member Cleveland City Council
- 1965-1975 Worked for non-profits
- Assure that competitive bidding process is followed in Auditor's office
- Initiate inter-governmental cooperation to better monitor
- Put an Auditor's task force of professionals in pension funds and investments to advise on pension board decisions.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of Ohio has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
News and Analysis
- Ohio Campaign Finance Report
Cincinnati.com Election 2002
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Kid's Voting