Shall a sales and use tax be levied for all transit purposes of the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority at a rate not exceeding 0.5 percent for a continuing period of time?
- League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area Education Fund Explanation and Background
- BALLOT LANGUAGE DEFINITIONS
News and Analysis
- Pros and Cons of Issue 7: Proposed Sales and Use Tax -- Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority
- First Segoe Debate: Tuesday, October 29, 7-9 pm
Pros and Cons of Issue 7: Proposed Sales and Use Tax -- Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority
Hear the details of what you will be voting for with Issue 7 the 1/2 cent sales tax to fund the Hamilton County portion of the MetroMoves Regional Transportation Plan (expanded bus service, light rail trains, trolleys), on the November ballot in Hamilton County, and a range of view points responding to this Issue. There will be plenty of time for you to voice your questions.
Overview of the plans that SORTA has for the sales and use tax presented by:
Paul Jablonski, CEO and General Manger of Metro
Commenting on the plans and the Issue:
John Schneider, Lets Get Moving
Samuel Staley, Ph.D., Senior Policy Analyst, Buckeye Institute
Haynes Goddard, Professor of Economic, University of Cincinnati
Dusty Rhodes, Hamilton County Auditor
All Segoe Debates on Smart Growth are held at the University of Cincinnati, DAAP Aronoff Building, Room 5401. Admission is free. For more information contact Carla Chifos, School of Planning, University of Cincinnati, 556-0214, email@example.com
- League's Forum on Election issues covering issues 1,2,6,7
and 8 is broadcast by MediaBridges on Channel 4 Oct 30 at 9 a.m., Oct 31 4 p.m. Nov 3 12:30 p.m., November 4 9 p.m.
- Citizens for Civic Renewal General Meeting: How Will You Vote
A discussion of Issue 2, Issue 7, and Issue 8 On Saturday Oct 19
- Light Rail Forum public debate Oct. 30 7 p.m. at Kelly Auditorium in Alter Hall on the Xavier University campus
Cincinnati.com Election 2002
Channel 19 Fox News
- Let's Get Moving
- Alternatives to Light Rail Transit
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Kid's Voting
- Kid's Voting Ballot