This information is provided by the candidate
"Having grown up on a family farm, the values I will take to Sacramento are those of straight talk, personal integrity and plain old common sense."
- WATER: Water is the lifeblood for northern California agriculture. We must develop new water storage and make fairer, smarter allocations of existing supplies based upon accurate science, not the flawed Endangered Species Act.
- AGRICULTURE: As a fourth generation farmer, born and raised in northern California, I have a unique understanding of the challenges facing all our farmers. Local farmers need a strong, experienced voice in Sacramento to protect the needs of our vital industry.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT: The fundamental responsibility of government is to provide for public safety. In light of the tragedy of September 11th, we must re-commit ourselves to enhancing public safety and homeland security for California. I will fight for more law enforcement resources for northern California counties.
- TAXES: The tax burden on working families is too high. Taxpayers DO know better than bureaucrats and politicians how to spend and invest their own money. I will oppose any new taxes to cover our state's looming $10-15 billion budget deficit that has resulted from the mishandled energy crisis.
- SPENDING: The state budget has increased 40% in just 3 years! I will say "NO" to runaway spending programs.
- SECOND AMENDMENT: Our right to arms ultimately protects our right to vote and participate as citizens. Protecting the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment deserves and needs the same amount of concern as we give to other rights. I have and will continue to hold the right to arms and the ability to protect oneself, one's family and property as a high priority.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: September 7, 2002 16:20
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org