Sacramento County, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Yolanda Knaak's Platform
By Yolanda Knaak
State Senator; District 6
This information is provided by the candidate
The people's voice needs to be heard in California Government. The people of State Senate District 6 have given me great ideas on improving our quality of life in the Sacramento area. Remember I'm a write in candidate. To vote for me, write in at the top of the ballot, 'STATE SENATE DISTRICT 6, YOLANDA KNAAK' For an example on a sample ballot, check my website http://www.yolandaknaak.com
REMEMBER TO WRITE MY OFFICE AND NAME IN AT THE TOP OF THE BALLOT: STATE SENATE DISTRICT 6, YOLANDA KNAAK
- GOVERNMENT WASTE: As your State Senator I would cut governmant waste including computer software contracts and utilities. I support surveying government employees to determine areas of wasted government money.
- TAXES: I would oppose additional taxes. I would eliminate the marriate tax.
- RETIREMENT/PENSIONS: I support legislation to help working families save for retirement and protections for employee pensions.
- VETERANS: Veterans should receive support for their service.
- HEALTH CARE: I'm concerned about lack of health insurance. I propose expanding volunteer supported free health care programs. I'm concerned about the rising cost of health care. I recommend decreasing costs through health education and preventative medicine.
- FAMILY: I support traditional family values. I support Proposition 22, that affirms marriage is between a man and a woman. I opposed the Foster Youth Bill which would have promoted homosexuality in the foster youth. Pro-Life and supports stem cell research only if human embroys are not killed. Stem Cells can be obtained from other sources.
- EDUCATION: I support education reform and I will encourage parental involvement in their children's education. I will work to promote interaction between local businesses and schools to benefit the community via, reading programs, sports activities, etc.
- TRANSPORTATION/ENVIRONMENT: Supports better public transportation. For a clearner environment, supports tax credits for use of alternative fuel. Supports improvement of roads, bridges and parks.
- CRIME/SAFETY: Supports anti-crime legislation, improvement of drug rehabillitation, gang prevention and increasing the number of policemen on the street. I Support responsible management of California borders to reduce the threat of terrorism.
- GUNS: I believe that law abiding citazens should be allowed to carry guns. I believe that 911 wouldn't have happened if the pilots had been allowed to carry guns at the time.
Thank you and God Bless America
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: November 4, 2002 11:56
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.