- Occupation: Associate Justice
- Associate Justice, Court of Appeal for the Third Appellate District since 1989. Justice Pro Tempore of the California Supreme Court in 1998.
- Judge of the Sacramento Superior Court from 1985-1989. Judge of the Sacramento Municipal Court from 1983-1985.
- California Department of Justice, Chief of the statewide Medi-Cal Fraud Unit, Supervising Deputy of the Unit's Sacramento and San Francisco offices.
- While with the Dept. of Justice, served as an acting district attorney for Sierra County and as a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney.
- Author of articles for the American Bar Association, American Judges Association, and California Judges Association. Lecturer in judicial ethics.
- J.D., U.C. Hastings (staff, Constitutional Law Quarterly), M.A. in Pub. Admin., U.S.C, B.A., U.C. Davis (Fielder Award, Citation for Excellence).