(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Denise Moreno Ducheny
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Attorney/University Lecturer
- B.A. , History, Pomona College, Claremont, CA
- Juris Doctorate, Southwestern School of Law, Los Angeles
- Spanish, Instituto Cuahuanahuac, Cuernavaca, Mexico
- California State Assembly 79th District 1994 - 2000
- Chair, State Assembly Budget Committee 1996 - 2000
- Trustee, San Diego Community College District 1990 - 2000
Michael S. Giorgino
- Education: more resources to schools in low income communities
- Sustainable Economic Development
- Affordable Housing
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Naval Officer; Practicing Attorney
- Twenty-year Naval career; retired Surface Warfare Commander
- Gulf War Veteran
- Graduate, University of San Diego Law School (12/99)
- Associate, Civil Litigation Defense Law Firm of Even, Crandall, Wade, Lowe & Gates
- Communications Chairman, Executive Board Member, San Diego Republican Party
- Membership Chairman, San Diego Federalist Society Lawyer's Chapter
Felix J. "Phil" Miranda
- GIVING LOWER INCOME WORKERS A SHOT AT THE AMERICAN DREAM: Real jobs, thousands of new homes.
- TOUGH LAW ENFORCEMENT AND SECURE BORDERS: Defend our 2nd Amendment rights; hard time for armed crime.
- HIGHER EDUCATION STANDARDS: Give parents of kids in failing schools "opportunity scholarships" to other public, private, or faith-based schools.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: CIS / Support Technician
- Bronx Community College, Deans List 5 times, Alpha Beta Gamma
- San Diego City College, Certificate, Achievement Award
- Southwestern College, Working on two concurrent AAS degrees
- Life member of the Disabled American Veterans, Received awards and letters of recognition from Washington for volunteer efforts
- Various certificates of competencies in the computer and electronics fields
- Seven years of Bible School
- EMPLOYMENT: Relax stifling regulations and restrictions on conducting fair business. Favoring small businesses, goods and services.
- ENERGY: Penalizing big industries and businesses who... Enhancing and rewarding Statewide recycling initiatives.
- CRIME: Redirecting police forces of our district from 'petty law-keeping' toward the larger problems of violent, anti-social crimes.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Senate District 40. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from previous elections: 11/3/98, 6/2/98