(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Incumbent
- California State Senator (1998-present)
- California State Assemblymember (1994-1998)
- Business Owner/Vocational Counselor (1973-1998)
- A leader in the high profile fight to reform managed care in California.
- Named Legislator of the Year by: March of Dimes, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Association of Retarded Citizens, Leadership California, AEA.
- Mother of AnaLisa Luippold and Aaron Bloom. Grandmother to Andrew Luippold.
James G. "Jim" Gunther
- I will continue to carry legislation that demonstrates my dedication to serve the needs of my constituents.
- Examples include: creating a "Do Not Call" list, expanding health insurance, and giving future homeowners access to their credit score.
- My position as Chair of the Sen. Com. on Business and Professions will allow me to continue streamlining business regulations & protecting consumers.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Director, Alameda County Water District
- Conductor Supervisor with AMTRAK on CALTRAIN
- PE State of Maryland, Member UTU Local 1732
- US Coast Guard Academy 1981, BS Ocean Eng
- UC Berkeley Extension Certificate Hazardous Materials Man.
- Volunteer Niles Canyon Railway
- Former Support Services Volunteer Fremont Fire Dept.
- Pursue leg. that will bring Business back to the District
- Ensure our Infrastructure is maintained and upgraded
- Work to Enhance Transportation Improvements in the District
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Raised as a farm boy in Missouri
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (Rice University)
- Has worked as researcher and engineer in Silicon Valley
- Honest, balanced budgets with no tax increases
- Affordable housing by removing regulatory burdens
- Encourage conservation and production by market pricing electricity
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Senate District 10. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
San Jose Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from previous elections: 11/3/98, 6/2/98