(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assemblyman/Police Officer
- B.S. Communication Arts
- M.A. Management
- Graduate Los Angeles Sheriffs Academy
- Graduate Armor Officers Basic Academy
- Served in Army Reserve and Army National Guard '81-'89
- Member California Rural Development Council
- Lower taxes and limited government
- school accountability
- tough on crime
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Small Businessman
- Community Leader
Douglas J. Scribner
- 1) Education- Increased pay to attract and retain quality teachers
- 2) Energy- A reliable supply at a reasonable price
- 3) Customer Service- help people with their individual problems
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Educator
- BA, Psychology, Cal. State San Bernardino, 3.9 GPA
- AA, Avionic Electronics, Victor Valley College
- Appointed Member, Costa Mesa Child Care & Youth Services Committee
- Vice Chair, Libertarian Party of Orange County
- Orange County Director, American Medical Marijuana Association
- Education: I want to see a thousand flowers bloom. California must be the leader in innovative, creative, and effective choices for teaching kids.
- Energy: Let's increase options by ending energy monopolies and corporate welfare, leveling the playing field for all forms of energy.
- Safety: I will work to reset priorities & focus all levels of law enforcement on terrorism and violent criminals.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 68. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Orange County Register
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.