(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Farmer/Businessman
- Assemblyman 33rd District 1998-Present
- Former Mayor of Santa Maria
- Former City Councilman
- President of Agro-Jal Farms
- Named Veterans of Foreign Wars Assemblyman of the Year
- Married to Laura with 4 children
Laurence "Larry" Houlgate
- Ensure that all children have access to a first class education
- Increase job opportunities for all levels of employment
- Make sure that violent felons remain behind bars
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Teacher
- Professor of Philosophy, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- B.A., Cal. State University, L.A.
- M.A., Ph.D., U.C.L.A.
- Founder and president, International Society for Family Law and Family Ethics
- Scholar of the Year, 2000, College of Liberal Arts, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Founder and member of five Medical Ethics committees in San Luis Obispo County, California
- Universal, single-payer health care for all California children
- Equal educational opportunities for all California children, without regard to family income, place of residence, social class, etc.
- A living wage for all working families with children to support.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 33. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.