(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Barbara S. Matthews
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Lawmaker
- Barbara Matthews was elected to represent the 17th Assembly District of the California State Legislature November, 2000.
- She Chairs the Assembly Committee on Agriculture and the Assembly Select Committee on the Future of Farming in California.
- She is a member of the Higher Education, Water, Entertainment, and Veterans Affairs Committees.
- Barbara is a member of the Board of Directors of Tracy's Arts Leadership Alliance and a member of Soroptimist International of Tracy-Daybreak.
- Prior to being elected to the Assembly, Barbara worked in the grocery business for 21 years. She was the Government Relations Manager for Albertson's
- This year, I was a sponsor of Proposition 42, which requires that state gasoline sales taxes be spent improving our highways, local streets, and mass
- As a sponsor of a new Jarvis Initiative, I'm qualifying a proposition to raise the Homeowners' Property Tax Exemption from $7,000 to $32,000
- In 2001, when I saw how energy producers were overcharging for electricity, without anyone doing anything about it, I sued.
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Businessman
- Phone: 209-723-4372; Addr: PO Box 3767, Merced, CA 95344; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 17. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.