(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Assemblymember
- Assembly Majority Whip
- Member, Assembly Committees on Health, Aging and Long Term Care, Economic Development
- Chair, Select Committee on California Children's School Readiness and Health
- Co-Chair, Assembly Select Committee on Language Access to State Services
- Vice Chair, Asian American/Pacific Islander Legislative Caucus
- Insuring the school success and health of all California children
- Expanding services to help the elderly and disabled remain independent
- Sustainable economic development, affordable housing and good jobs
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
Richard E. Armstrong
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Retired Surgeon
- Addr: 135 Guilford Road, Piedmont, CA 94611
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Electronics Technician
- Reduce Government
- Reduce Taxes
- Educate Children
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the 7 Leagues of Women Voters of Alameda County has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 16. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Rebroadcast of Candidates's Forum
- Monday, October 21, 6:30 PM
Hearing Room 1
Oakland City Hall
League of Women Voters of Oakland
Nat'l Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Tues, Nov. 5 at 1:30 PM
on KTOP, Cable Channel 10 in Oakland
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.