(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Yolo County Supervisor
- Eight years on Davis City Council, including 4 years as Mayor
- Brought new hospital to the region
- Enacted the Farmland Preservation Ordinance to protect agricultural land from development
- Restored flows to Putah Creek in Solano and Yolo Counties
John R. Munn
- Improving Public Education & Expanding Healthcare for Children
- Preserving Open Space and Agricultural Land
- Protecting a Woman's Right to Choose
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Soil Scientist
- Employment: John Munn has worked as a Soil and Water Scientist for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection since 1984.
- Personal: John grew up on a farm in the San Joaquin Valley, has been married to Shelley for 29 years, and they haved 3 children.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degrees in Soil and Water Science and in Engineering and a Masters Degree in Soil Science from UC Davis.
- Community: John has been active in community affairs and was a member of the Davis School Board from 1997 through 2001.
- Professional: John has been President of the Professional Soil Scientists Association of California.
- Taken together, John has experience in agriculture, natural sciences, and public service that make him well qualified for the State Assembly.
- State spending must be based on carefully planned budgets for necessary services and realistic revenue projections.
- Education reform that reaches our students in the classroom and frees teachers from bureacracy so that they can spend more time with students.
- Infrastructure development that provides schools, roads, and water to meet current and future needs.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 8. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.