(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Businessman
- Phone: 916-965-5140; Addr: 4010 Riva Ridge, Fair Oaks, CA 95628; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Stockbroker
- Education: Attended University of Utah
- Political: Washington State House of Representatives, 1996 Democratic nominee
- Personal: One son Philip, 16; two daughters, Victoria, 14, and Ashley, 2.
- Education: Investing in our public schools today--K-12, colleges, universities--ensures that our children are prepared for tomorrow's opportunities.
- Transportation: Investing in our community's roads saves money by lowering fuel and wear & tear costs, saves time in traffic jams, saves lives.
- Taxes: I will work with Democrats and Republicans alike to ensure that your hard-earned tax dollars are used wisely.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- M.S. Electric Engineering & Applied Physics
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering.
- Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
- Reduce and when possible eliminate taxes
- Privatize all education, and otherwise propose libertarian solutions.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 5. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
- The Sacramento Bee
- Assembly races' common theme: Local focus
- October 26, 2002
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.