(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Member, State Board of Equalization
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Accounting
- Chairman of the State Board of Equalization and Member of the Franchise Tax Board for the year 2001
- Served as an L.A. County Insurance Commissioner
- Helping make California a more business friendly state
- Continuing to help taxpayers with their problems
- Continue to make myself directly accessable to taxpayers
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Educator/Journalist
- Member of San Diego Democratic Central Committee
- Member of California Democratic State Committee
- Former Member of San Diego Housing Advisory Board
- San Diego State University Graduate
J. R. "Nobody" Graham
- Keep the Internet tax free
- Simplify tax laws and regulations
- Encourage women in small businesses
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Author/Security Officer
- LP: The only party that won't terrorize you & steal your stuff
- LP: The only party that won't terrorize you & control your life
- LP: The only party w/ a peaceful alternative to gov't terrorism
- Libertarian: The Party of Principle
- Tax-fighter, Bond-buster, Public speaker, Thinker
- Object to Politix-as-Usual methods of stealing from everybody to provide subsidies to $pecial Interests.
- Eliminate the Franchise Tax Board (FTB). *Get rid of the Dept of Money Vampires (DMV); it's an economic drain on California, w/o any real benefit.
- Quit taking business profits to pay for stupid govt programs. *Let the free market work. *Improve the economy: get govt bureaucracies out of the way.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Board of Equalization
Free Airtime Project
News and Analysis
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from the 11/03/1998 election.