(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
72.9% Yes votes ......
27.1% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice
- Twice named Appellate Justice of the Year-Consumer Lawyers of California.
- Guest lecturer in Russia,Czech Republic and Hungary on American Jurisprudence.
- Judicial career spans 27 years, serving on Mumicipal, Superior and Appellate Courts.
- Frequent lecturer and author numerous articles.
- Long time faculty member, California Judicial College.
- Law Degree-Univeristy of California, Berkeley. Undergraduate-UCLA
Steven Z. Perren
- Justice must be applied equally to all parties with fairness, civility and objectivity.
- Democracy derives its strength and vitality from an independent judiciary.
72.1% Yes votes ......
27.9% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal
- Judge of the Superior Court of Ventura County 1983-1999; Trial Judge of the Year 1998 and 1984
- Private Practice of Law 1972-1983
- Ventura County Deputy District Attorney 1969-1972
- Captain, U.S.Army 1967-1969
- Graduate of U.C.L.A Law School ('67) and Undergraduate ('64)
- Service on Boards of Charities including Children's Services
Kenneth R. Yegan
- The fair and prompt resolution of cases guided by the rule of law;
- To insure that all citizens have equal access to the courts;
- To preserve and maintain a fair and independent judiciary
69.5% Yes votes ......
30.5% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, California Court of Appeal since 1990
- Judge of the Superior Court, County of Ventura 1986-1990
- Judge of the Municipal Court, County of Ventura 1983-1986
- Private Practice of Law 1982-1983
- Attorney for the Court of Appeal 1975-1982
- Deputy Public Defender 1972-1975
- Graduate of California Judicial College 1983
- Enforce the law in a fair and impartial manner for everyone
- Exercise judicial restraint, honoring other branches of government
- Improve court efficiency and promptly decide cases
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
- Select "2nd Appellate District" in the pulldown and click on "See Opinions".
- Scroll down to "Division 6 Justices" and click on candidate's name.
League of Women Voters of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Judges, who appointed them, political party
- from the Sacramento Republican Party