(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Robert M. Mallano
73.5% Yes votes ......
26.5% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal
- Judge of the Superior Court, Los Angeles County 1980-2000 (Presiding Judge 1993-1994); Judge of the South Bay Municipal Court 1978-1980
- Member, California Judicial Council, 1993-1996
- Member, Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Judicial Ethics, 1996
- Judical Council 1996 Jurist of the Year Award
- Legal Career: Deputy District Attorney, Los Angeles County and the private practice of law
- LLB, Boalt Hall Law School (UC Berkeley); AB,Yale University
Miriam A. Vogel
- Decide cases fairly and impartially
- Faithfully follow the law
- Treat everyone in our courts with courtesy and respect
72.5% Yes votes ......
27.5% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, since 1990
- Judge, Los Angeles Superior Court, 1986-1990
- Private Practice, 1977-1986
- Law Clerk, Court of Appeal, 1975-1977
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Whittier College School of Law, 1975
- Decide cases fairly and according to the law
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
- Select "2nd Appellate District" in the pulldown and click on "See Opinions".
- Scroll down to "Division 1 Justices" and click on candidate's name.
League of Women Voters of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Judges, who appointed them, political party
- from the Sacramento Republican Party