(Vote Yes or No for Each)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joanne C. Parrilli
77.9% Yes votes ......
22.1% No votes
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
William R. McGuiness
- Occupation: Associate Justice
- Addr: 350 McAllister Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
76.4% Yes votes ......
23.6% No votes
- Occupation: Presiding Justice, Court of Appeal,1st Dist., Div. 3
- Associate Justice, Court of Appeal, 1st Dist. Div. 4 (1997-1998)
- Judge, Alameda Country Superior Court (1986 - 1997); Elected 1988, 1994
- Presiding Judge, Alameda County Superior Court (1994, 1995)
- Deputy Assoc. & Assoc. Deputy United States Attorney General, Dept. of Justice, Washington, D.C. (1983 to 1986)
- Counsel to the President's Task Force on Victim's of Crime, Washington D.C. (1982)
- Senior Deputy District Attorney and Deputy District Attorney, Alameda County District Attorney's Office (1973 - 1983)
Stuart R. Pollak
- Carefully review the record on appeal and the arguments of the parties.
- Apply the law as set forth by the Constitution, legislative enactments, initiative measures adopted by the electorate and binding case precedent.
73.4% Yes votes ......
26.6% No votes
- Occupation: Associate Justice First District Court of Appeal
- 1982-2002 - Judge of the San Francisco Superior Court
- 1965-1982 - Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady & Pollak; Associate Attorney 1965-1968; Partner 1968-1982
- 1964 - President's Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy; Staff Member
- 1963-1965- United States Department of Justice, Criminal Division; Special Assistant to Assistant Attorney General
- 1962-1963 -- Law Clerk to Chief Justice Earl Warren, and to Justices (Ret.) Stanley Reed and Harold Burton
- Harvard Law School, LL.B. 1962 (Magna Cum Laude); Stanford University, A.B. 1959 (with Great Honors); Lowell High School, San Francisco; graduated (va
- To decide cases fairly and without bias
- To treat all persons in our courts with courtesy and respect
- To follow and uphold the rule of law
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
- Select "1st Appellate District" in the pulldown and click on "See Opinions".
- Scroll down to "Division 3 Justices" and click on candidate's name.
League of Women Voters of California
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Judges, who appointed them, political party
- from the Sacramento Republican Party