(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
John "Captain John" Koepf
- Occupation: Harbor Commissioner, Port San Luis Harbor District.
- 4 years experience as Harbor Commissioner; President 2001.
- Coast Cleanup Day Captain for Avila & Port San Luis Beaches for 3 years.
- Coast Guard Captain's liscense for 100 ton vessels.
- Founding sponsor of Junior Lifeguard program for Avila Beach.
- Board member and Past Chairman of Big Brothers/Big Sisters of SLO County for 4 years.
- 40 years experience in commercial fishing and diving.
- Keep Avila Beach and the surrounding waters clean.
- Continue to promote local appropriate and profitable business in order to generate revenue for the Harbor District.
- Continue to upgrade and repair our piers, beach areas, parking lots, and commercial lease sites.
- Occupation: Fish & Game Warden: Marine Patrol San Luis Obispo County
- Bachelor of Science; Natural Resource Management; Cal Poly: San Luis Obispo
- Served as Port San Luis Harbor Commissioner 1996 - 2000
- Arroyo Grande City Councilman 1992-1996
- Resident of San Luis County for 28 years and with wife, Sharon, raised two great daughters.
- Port San Luis Halibut Tournament Committee Member
- United States Coast Guard Captain License
- Restore Harford Pier so it is safe to walk and drive on.
- Maintain a dredged basin to enable year round commercial and sport boat launching
- Support controlled development for Port San Luis Harbor District property
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Business Owner/ Arroyo Grande 24 years
- Protect property tax money from subsidizing business at the port
- Make Harford Pier a safe roadway and walkway.
- Create a profitable business on Harbor Terrace.
- Occupation: Retired Banker/Appraiser of Real Estate & Personal Property
- Earned B.S., MBA, and Ph.D. (in Public Administration) degrees
- Vice President in Banking, including property management and project coordination
- Served on the County Assessment Appeals Board for 20 years
- Past Chair and Vice Chair of the Edna Area Advisory Group for Supervisors Katcho Achadjian and Peg Pinard
- Held a 3 year term on the California (Berkeley) Alumni Association
- Served on the Arroyo Grande Housing, Appeals, State Mortgage Lending, and High Speed Rail Advisory Boards
- Will convert idle assets into income producers to improve maintenance programs
- Will institute programs to make the Harbor District more viable
- Will strive to maintain a balance between environmental and economic concerns
- Occupation: Retired Peace Officer
- Owner/Brewer Santa Maria Brewing Co,
James J. "Jim" Petroni
- Restoration and Maintenance of port san luis pier
- Commercial expansion within harbor
- Increased public access to harbor facilities
- Occupation: Public Safety Consultant
- 32 years public safety experience
- Retired in April 2002, from the Governor's Office of Emergency Services (California Specialized Training Institute)
- Served 10 years with the San Luis Obispo Fire Department
- Currently consult on Homeland Security and Emergency Management issues for military and civilian agencies
- Resident of the Port San Luis Harbor District for 33 years
- Safety for all those who use Port San Luis and Avila Beach
- Service to the community; with special focus on the recreational and educational users of the Port and beaches
- Preservation of the character and environment of Port San Luis and Avila Beach
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|