This is an archive of a past election.|
See http://www.smartvoter.org/ca/sf/ for current information.
|San Francisco County, CA||November 5, 2002 Election|
ABEL MOUTON'S PLATFORM FOR COLLEGE BOARD
By Abel MoutonCandidate for Community College Board; County of San Francisco
This information is provided by the candidate
· CCSF should be run by an elected council of students, teachers and staff, with power over administration, budget, policy and curricula.ABEL MOUTON'S PLATFORM FOR COLLEGE BOARD
· CCSF must be open to all working class families # young people and adults # and serve the communities, not the Democratic Party political machine with stepping-stones for political careers, contracts and positions. Administrators should work for the students, faculty and staff, not the other way around.
· CCSF should be run by an elected council of students, teachers and staff, with power over administration, budget, policy and curricula.
· CCSF must primarily serve communities of color, immigrants, young people and working class families. Intensive outreach to these communities and location of campuses in those communities should be a priority.
· Improvements and expansion of CCSF should be paid for with progressive taxation on big corporations, not bonds and other measures, which constitute regressive taxation on working families.
· Curricula should be discussed and voted on by staff and students, not imposed by low wage industries and big businesses only interested in producing semi-skilled workers.
· All measures taken to prevent immigrants from joining the City College student body should be immediately rescinded. This includes the use of Social Security numbers for student identification.
Our program also calls for:
· A tuition-free CCSF.
· Adequate childcare for student parents
· A living wage of $14 per hour for student workers
· An end to exploitation of part-timers: · Pro-rated pay and job security for part-timers · At least 80% full-time faculty · Administrative raises to be tied to raises of equal percentage for faculty, staff and student workers
· City College, its students, staff and workers should organize against Bush's war drive and the government's attacks on civil liberties, immigrants and workers
· For the repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act and all other repressive legislation
· Immediate, unconditional amnesty for undocumented immigrants
· Solidarity with all working class and union struggles, starting by supporting the struggles of workers at CCSF for better wages and working conditions.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup) || About Smart Voter