(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Daniel Kelly, MD
- Occupation: Pediatrician
- Parent of children enrolled in SFUSD since 1984
- Elected San Francisco Board of Education 1990, 1994, 1998
- Led Class-size Reduction effort
- Strengthened curriculum, support services, and funding for Arts, and classroom supplies
- Exposed mis-magement and mis-spending by prior leadership. Worked to recruit new Superintendent and institute fiscal responsibility
- Led the resistance to school privitization
- Reduce Achievement gaps by providing rich, challenging education at all schools and by garaunteeing parent choice in enrollment
- Extend Class Size reduction to upper grades
- Modernize all facilities, including the replacement of all 'temporary' structures with permanent ones.
- Occupation: School Teacher/ Mother
- San Francisco Public School Teacher
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Mentor with at risk youth
- Teacher spokesperson for The Center For Commercial Free Public Education
- Substitute Principal
- Parent of 10 month old daughter
- Eliminate "High-Stakes" testing and replace with authentic forms of assessment
- Create Parent Advisory Council that works directly with the Board of Education
- Provide high quality pre-kindergarten education for all children
- Occupation: Incumbent/parent/teacher
- Graduated San Francisco public schools
- Attended City College of San Francisco
- Bachelor Degree, Education, San Francisco State
- Law Degree, San Francisco University
- Recruit, retain and distribute quality teachers
- Rebuild, remodel and update facilities
- Raise performance standards of all students
- Occupation: Small Businessperson/Educator
- Accountability for Board Finances and Student Performance
- Increase Parental and Community Involvement
- Advocate for Teacher Support
- Occupation: Educator/College Professor
- Degrees - AA, BA, MA, and Ed.D
- Credentials: Standard Secondary Teaching Credential, Education Administration Credential,& Community College Credential
- 30 Yrs. experience: Teacher, Counselor, Head Counselor, Assistant Principal, Principal & College Professor
- Education Committee, Chair, SF NAACP
- Education Committee, SF Juvenile Justice Commission
- SFUSD African American Achievement Task Force, Member, & Treasurer, Bayview-Hunter's Point Multi-Purpose Senior Center
- A specified and individualized excellent educational program for all students.
- Excellent educational leaders at every school.
- A qualified and excellent teacher in every classroom.
- Occupation: Attorney
- Stanford Law Graduate
- Former Juvenile Public Defender
- Member, San Francisco Juvenile Justice Advisory Committee
- Closing the educatonal opportunity gap for low income students, students of color, and students with special educational needs.
- Discontinuance of the overuse of norm-based "high stakes" tests, which are inacurrate and harmful.
- Improving the responsiveness of the board of education to the needs and concerns of parents, students and teachers.
- Occupation: Manager, Contract Consultant
- MBA, University of California, Berkeley, December 2002
- BS Mechanical Engineering
Attila J. Gabor
- Facilities - Proper Oversight and Enforcement of our public contracts to ensure safety, allocate space efficiently, and ultimately free up resources.
- Resources - Effective and Efficient policy allowing more dollars to go directly to schools for educational and extra-curricular needs.
- School Equality - Long term stategy to ensure that all of our schools provide an equal opportunity to all of our children.
- Occupation: Shared Governance Coordinator
- More Fiscal Accountability
- More Community Outreach and Interaction with the Parents
- More Supportive and Safer Learning and Working Enviroment
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
San Francisco Examiner
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.