(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Educator
- City College Graduate
- Bachelor of Arts, SF State University
- Master of Arts, SF State University
- Doctoral degree, University of San Francisco
- Develop a seamless relationship between the San Francisco Unified School District and City College of San Francisco
- Completion of the Mission Campus and the Chinatown /North Beach campuses
- Increase the number of transfer students to 4 year colleges/universities
- 8 year member of the College Board
- Former S.F. Human Rights Commissioner
- Born and raised in S.F. Chinatown
- Education and human rights activist
Johnnie L. Carter, Jr.
- Construction of new campuses such as North Beach, Chinatown, Mission and other facilities, Health and Wellness Center.
- Counseling and mentoring for At-Risk Students such as counseling and mentoring;
- Lobbying for additional State Funding for additional programs and classes
- Occupation: Senate Education Liason
- Vice-President, Community College Board of San Francisco
Peter B. Gallegos
- Increasing job-training opportunities for people unemployed due to the current economic downturn.
- Improving and expanding academic courses that address our diverse community needs.
- Increasing the transfer of students to four year colleges and universities
- Occupation: Director Educational Programs
- Director Mission Accomplish
- Improving student outreach and mentoring programs for students and their families.
- Collaboration and partnerhips with employers through school-to-career programs that will result in quality internships and jobs for CCSF students.
- Building new state of the art campuses in the Mission and Chinatown/Northbeach communities that are fiscally responsible.
- Occupation: Newspaper Editor
- Veteran of many progressive campaigns in Northern California
- Public Power Advocate
- Anti-war activist
- Immigrant rights activist
- Music instructor for children
- Environmental activist
Amarcy D. Berry
- Democratization of CCSF by making the Board transparent and accountable
- For the replacement of the current Board with an elected Board of Students faculty and staff
- For progressive taxation on big businesses to guarantee education for all, an end to all barriers for immigrants to attend CCSF
- Occupation: Self-employed bookkeeper
- Small business owner
- Executive Board member, San Francisco Libertarian Party
- MBA (Finance), San Francisco State University
- BA (International Business) San Francisco State University
- AA (Literature), City College of San Francisco
- Prudent expenditure of taxpayers' money
- Preparation of students to join the workforce or transfer to a 4-year college
- Strengthening of school/workplace communication
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|