(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: San Francisco City and County Supervisor and Entrepreneur
Lynne Newhouse Segal
- Helping the homeless to transition out of a cycle of poverty.
- Making public transportation a more attractive option for users.
- Reinventing government by making it accountable.
- Occupation: Parks Commissioner
- J.D., Hastings College of the Law
- S.F. Recreation and Parks Commissioner
- Staff Attorney, U.S. Cong. Tom Lantos
- Executive Committee, California Democratic Party
- Board Member, NWPC, NCJW, NOW
- Represent District 2 for full four year term
- Clean, open, accessible government, independent of machine politics
- Work with the Board of Supervisors for solutions to San Francisco's critical issues: no 'legislation by initiative'
- Occupation: Teacher/ Educator in Special Education for mo
- Professional Athlete # National Football League, 5x All American Wrestling & Football, Professional Boxer trained with Mohammed Ali
- Member Advisory Committee California Board of Education's Vision Project for Adolescent Black Males
- Delegate: UN Conference for Universal Child Immunization and Peace & Disarmament/ International Youth Year Conference
- Improvement in the educational system
- Open Government / Open Press ~ the right of all peoples
- Affordable Housing / Coalition Building ~ bringing peoples together
- Occupation: Columnist of political satire for the San Francisco Call
- I have been a Special Ed. teacher (5 years),
- a fire fighter (5 years),
- & am a Navy vet.
- 1. Clear City streets of drunks, lunatics & drug addicts.
- 2. Help elect a Progressive Mayor.
- 3. Return control of ALL local parks to the citizenry ... (free a dog, hug a tree & play frisbee til you drop)
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Big Spenders and Campaign Finances
- San Francisco Examiner 10/29/02
- District 2 Election Overview
San Francisco Chronicle - 10/18/02
- In the (public) money
- San Francisco Examiner - 10/08/02
Reports on campaign finance records
- The San Francisco Super Race
- Supervisoral Election Overview
San Francisco Chronicle 10-18-02
- At meeting, Brown calls S.F. voters 'ass-backward'
He complains they elected his foes as supervisors
- San Francisco Chronicle 9/21/02