(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: City Councilmember/Businessman
- Three-Term Councilmember, City of La Mesa
- Business Owner, Jantz Communications
- District Chief of Staff, Assemblyman Jay La Suer
- National Recipient, Leadership in Local Government Award
- Managing State budget impacts on La Mesa through efficient government and investing in the economy, not tax increases.
- Continuing the City's effective crime reduction programs.
- Economic development, free market principles, a commitment to property rights, a proven record of fighting taxes, and a commitment to personal ethics.
Lisa De Jesus
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Occupation: Telecommunications Software Manager
- Occupation: Businessman
- Mortgage Consultant
- Licensed By The State Of California Dept. of Real Estate
- Graduate, University of San Diego
- La Mesa-Spring Valley School District Parent
- Citizen Observer of the La Mesa City Council since 1998
- Former Adjunct Assistant Professor, San Diego State University, (1983-84)
- When elected, I will work to revise and update the La Mesa Comprehensive Community Plan and Map to reflect changes to the community since 1996.
- When elected, I will support Public Safety and Disaster Preparedness Programs.
- As Council Member, I will ensure a "solution oriented" City Hall that responds to the wants and needs of the citizens of La Mesa.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
New! League of Women Voters California "Guide to Government"
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.