(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Bruce E. Jaffe
- Occupation: Research Geologist/Oceanographer
- 21-year resident of the mid-County
- Ph.D. in Geology, University of California Santa Cruz
- Masters in Oceanography, University of Washington
- 20 years professional experience in water-related sciences
- Executive Committee Member, Nisene2Sea Open Space Alliance
- New Father
- Eliminate overdraft through enhanced conservation and creative solutions for developing new water supplies
- Remove arsenic from our water supply with filters at source wells
- Initiate science-based long-term planning to ensure clean, abundant water for the future
- Occupation: Incumbent
- The Consultant Pharmacist for Dominican Hospital Restorative Care Unit
- Former office holder of the Soquel Businessman's Association (1970-80)
- Chairman of various community groups involved in the development of Soquel Village(1970-80)
- Board member of the Association of California Water Agency, Joint Powers Insurance Authority
- Aptos resident since 1969
- Stanford University, Graduate Idaho State University,College of Pharmacy, B.S. Pharmacy
Daniel F. "Dan" Kriege
- Continue to provide the residents of the District with a sufficient supply of dependable, affordable and excellent quality water
- Continue the development of a supplemental water supply in an economical, environmentally sensitive, and responsible manner .
- Continue to protect and improve water quality with continued monitoring and the implementation of new and advanced water treatment techology.
- Occupation: Civil Engineer,specializing in groundwater protection.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, and M.S.
- Past Chairman Calif. Water Commission
- Operations Manager S.C.County Water Dist.
- Habitat for Humanity, Vice President
- Board Member Doran Center for Blind
- Capitola's Humanitarian of the year 2000
- Assure a safe and adquate water supply for existing customers.
- Continue to encourage a strong conservation effort.
- Develop an additional water supply for existing and future use.
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Appointed SCWD Director in 2002 due to volunteer service, business experience, and La Selva community support
- La Selva resident since 1997; 25-year California resident
- Retired from a 28-year telecommunications career with positions in engineering, sales, management, and marketing
- Public Sector Liaison Director, La Selva Beach Improvement Assn. since 2000; columnist for community newsletter
- CASA Child Advocate volunteer since May, 2001; sworn officer of the Superior Court
- Organized Community Emergency Response Team training for La Selva residents with Aptos/La Selva Fire District
- Continued delivery of safe, affordable water while improving quality and maintaining a dependable supply
- Selecting the best alternative for a sustainable, supplemental water supply in concert with public input and support
- Encouraging continued wise water use. This year's conservation program budget increased 70%
- Occupation: Market Researcher/Homemaker
- Occupation: Attorney / 16 years
- Commissioner, Santa Cruz County Water Advisory Commission
- Board member with Seacliff Needs a Park (SNAP)
- Member of Seacliff Park, Inc.
- resident of Seacliff for 27 years.
- Founding member of Sierra Club Water Resources Committee
Richard F. Wameling
- Truthful reporting to customers and land-use agencies regarding the depleted water supply based on scientific data collection.
- Implement state of the art testing standards for water quality and install wellhead filtration to remove health threatening contaminants.
- Long-term plan - coordination with regional agencies & stakeholders to create solutions that enable delivery of a sustainable water supply.
Murray L. Nass
- Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
Leisa H. Signorelli
- Occupation: Business Owner
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum
- October 29, 6-8 pm
Captiola City Council Chamber 420 Captiola Avenue, Capitola
Santa Cruz Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.