(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
Kathleen M. King
- Occupation: Marketing Executive
- Chairperson of the Silicon Valley Children's Hospital Foundation
- Parents Helping Parents Board Member
- Applied Materials-Senior Director
- B.S.C. in Business-Santa Clara University
- Blackford High School
- Continued clean up of the Saratoga creeks
- Increased youth oriented activities
- Support building of more senior services
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Planning Commissioner, Santa Clara, CA
- Chair Santa Clara Planning Commission
- Delegate Democratic National Convention
- BA in History - Santa Clara University
- San Jose High School
- Preserving Saratoga Neighborhoods
- Enhancing community based businesses
- Protecting hillsides, creeks and environment
Andrew A. "Andy" Barnes
- Improve communication between the Council and residents
- Improve relationships between the Council and community organizations
- Improve fiscal management through proper due dilligence and a conservative approach to capital projects
- Occupation: Retired
- Successful Entrepreneur
- Airline Pilot
- Viet-Nam Veteran - US Navy
Shelley S. Williams, Jr.
- Maintain Homeowner Rights - Property Rights
- Fiscal Responsibilities - Control Gov't Size
- Maintain Schools - Quality & Safety
- Occupation: Investor/Realtor
- Married to Barbara. One adult daughter, Chris. Raised in South Carolina and Washington, D.C.
- BA in Education University of South Carolina, MA from Stanford University
- Small Business Owner, Shelley Williams Assoc., Real Estate
- 45+ year Resident of Saratoga
- Served 3 Years on Planning Commission
- Lifetime Director, California Assoc. of Realtors
- Improve schools, parks, etc., while keeping tax base low
- Get thru-traffic off our local streets (Helped back route 85)
- Work with other communites to address housing, environment, and health care
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidate Forum
- Oct. 3, 7:30 p.m., Saratoga Adult Care Center, Allendale Ave., Saratoga
sponsored by League of Women Voters of S. W. Santa Clara Valley and the Saratoga News
- Candidate Forum
- Oct. 27 - 1:30 p.m., Saratoga Community Center, Allendale Ave. across from Post Office.
sponsored by Organization of Chinese American Women (Silicon Valley Chapter) and LWV S.W. Santa Clara Valley.
San Jose Mercury News - Oct. 29
Saratoga News - Oct. 23
Saratoga News - Oct. 16
Saratoga News - Oct. 9
Saratoga News - Oct. 2
Saratoga News - Sept. 25
Saratoga News - Sept. 18
New! League of Women Voters California "Guide to Government"
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.