(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Assistant Principal
- Chair Elect, Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Founder, Mountain View Civic Forum
- Co-chair, Diversity Youth Forum
- Past President, District Teachers' Association
- Making Mountain View Family Friendly
- Affordable Housing
- Local Economy
- Occupation: Incumbent/Mediator
- Vice Mayor & Councilmember
- Environmental Planning Commission: Commissioner 1996-1998
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Vice Chair 1995
- Chair, Nowthwest Watershed Advisory Committee, Santa Clara Valley Water District
- Lewis and Clark College, BA 1976
- Hastings College of the Law, JD 1982
- Develop affordable housing options to preserve Mountain View's unique community charactor
- Ensure sound fiscal decision making for a safe community
- Advance balanced growth initiatives which add to our quality of life
- Occupation: Math Teacher
- Former member, Parks and Recreation Commission
- co-chair of Sustainable Mountain View
- Volunteer English teacher with the Saint Joseph the Worker Center
- Former Software Engineer
- Balance the budget; cut waste
- Protect the environment
- Campaign finance reform
- Occupation: Homemaker
- Mountain View Homeowner, 34 y ears.
- BA in Mathematics
- Former Mountain View Councilmember and Mayor
- Provide you with the best level of services along with the facilities to provide those services.
- Ensure sound management of your City's financial resources.
- Preserve integrity of the residential neighhborhoods
- Occupation: Retired Federal Manager
- Mountain View Area Social Security Manager for 17 Years
- Environmental Planning Commissioner
- YMCA Childcare Advisory Board Member
- United Way Youth Services Allocations Committee Member
- Mountain View Preservation Alliance Founding Member
- North Waverly Park Neighborhood Association President
- Giving Residents A Voice in City Decisions
- Protecting and Enhancing Neighborhood Quality of Life
- Stregthening Public Safety, Traffic Control and Disaster Readiness in All Neighborhoods
- Occupation: Businesswoman
- Board-Mountain View Library Foundation
- Past Board-Community Services Agency
- Past Board-Mountain View Community Television
- Past Local & District President-Business & Professional Women (BPW)
- Life Member-NAACP
- B.A. Economics & Business
- Community Housing Needs
- Diversity in Community Representation
- Providing leadership for all of the Community
- Occupation: Educator/Program Manager
- 14 years at Fremont Union High School District
- Co- chair, Asian Parade
- President, Common Cents Club
- Stand Up for Children, Member
- South Bay Older Adult Educational Network, Member
- Board Member, Mtn. View Historical Association
Robert H. "Bob" Weaver
- Fiscal responsibility by government before any more tax increases to taxpayers.
- Support public transportation, street maintance and traffic management.
- Ensure safe neighborhoods, strengthen youth/senior programs.
- Occupation: Photographer/Business Owner
- Chair-Environmental Planning Commission
- Chair- Mountain View Centennial Planning Committee
- Co-founder Middlefield-Whisman Neighborhood Assn.
- Founding Member- Moffett Field Historical Society
- Vietnam Veteran- Three Tours
- Moffett Federal Airfield Community Advisory Committee
Christopher Lee "Chris" Kuszmaul
- Affordable housing for Public Safety personnel
- Establishing a truely independent auditor that reports directly to the city council
- Preserving and protecting open space
- Occupation: Teacher/Research Scientist
- Senior Research Scientist for CSC at NASA
- Engineer for 2 startup companies
- 4th degree black belt in Aikido
- Volunteer in local schools, father of 2.
- Masters of Science, Univiersity of Illinois
- Bachelors of Science and Engineering, MIT
- Housing for teachers using blighted land
- Means to provide equity for renters (rent to own)
- More autonomy for local neighborhoods
- Occupation: Remodeling Contractor
- BA, Sacramento State, History and Economics, 1967
- 22 years teaching high school
- 31-year Mountain View resident
- Eight years on Mountain View's Environmental Planning Commission, two years as Chair
- Extensive board involvement with local non-profits
- Active supporter of services for youth and families
Timothy P. Devitt
- Affordable housing that fits with our community
- Safer driving in our neighborhoods
- Restoring civility and respect to City government
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of the Los Altos-Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Traffic and housing, NASA Ames, and Community input.
News and Analysis
- Candidates Forum
- Oct. 4, 7 - 9 p.m., KMVT Channel 15, 950 N. Rengstorff Ave., M.V.
sponsored by KMVT, Mountain View Community Television
- Candidates Forum
- Oct. 24, 8:00-9:30 p.m., M.V. Council Chambers (and Mtn. View-Whisman School Dist. 7-7:55)
sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Los Altos/Mtn. View Area
Mountain View Voice, Oct. 25
San Jose Mercury News, Oct. 23
Mountain View Voice, Oct. 18
Mountain View Voice Oct. 11
New! League of Women Voters California "Guide to Government"
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.