(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Frances R. "Fran" Kruss
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Member of the School Board for over eleven years.
- Served as Board President for the first year of the MVWSD.
- Enrolled in CSBA's Masters in Governance Program; experienced working on Strategic Plans.
- Member of the MV-LA PTA Council and the Santa Clara County School Board Association Executive Committee.
- Experienced lobbying for education and advocating for students.
- RN since 1966. Worked in Critical care for over twenty years.
- Student Success - We need a strong focus on promoting student success and narrowing the "achievement gap."
- Strategic Plan Developement - We need to persue the developement of the Mountain View-Whisman School District Strategic Plan.
- Finance - We need to obtain stable annual funding, ensure that required programs are fully funded, and obtain additional funding sources.
- Occupation: Attorney/Mediator
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Teaching credential, SJSU
- BA, San Jose State University
- C.A.T. representative, MVWSD
- School Site Council, Bubb Elementary School
- PTA Board, Bubb Elementary School
Elaine Eileen Spence
- Advocate for the Community
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- President, Slater School PTA
- Los Altos/Mtn. View PTA Council
- Mountain View Educational Foundation
- Middle School Task Force, MVWSD
- Graduate of Leadership Mountain View
- School Site Council member and Chair, Slater Elementary School
- Communication - Give everyone involved a direct voice through targeted community forums. Regular use of local media can clarify district policies.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Manage our financial resources wisely in these difficult economic times with Students' and Teachers' needs as a Top Priority
- Develop "Choice" Middle Schools - Prepare our kids educationally and socially for success in High School. Form Key Partnerships with the High Schools.
- Occupation: Community Relations Manager
- MVWSD Middle School Task Force
- Junior Achievement Mentor
- Classroom Volunteer at Slater & Castro
- Leadership Mountain View, Class of 2002
- Leadership Mountain View Council
- Focus on continuous improvement for academic excellence
- Collaborate on issues with a variety of community representatives
- Utilize technology to enhance a varied approach to teaching
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The the League of Women Voters of the Los Altos-Mtn. View Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on High School Exit Exam, The future, and Inclusivity.
News and Analysis
- Candidates' Forum
- Oct. 24, 7:00-7:55 p.m., M.V. Council Chambers (and Mtn. View City Council 8-9:30)
sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Los Altos/Mtn. View Area
San Jose Mercury News - Oct. 26
Mountain View Voice - Oct. 25
New! League of Women Voters California "Guide to Government"
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.