This information is provided by the candidate
I believe that ALL children deserve a quality education and that good schools benefit the community by increasing property values. This means providing qualified teachers, up-to-date materials, modern equipment and clean, well-maintained schools. As a board member I strive to maximize district resources to meet these needs WITHOUT RAISING TAXES. We have celebrated many successes during my tenure:
By leasing closed school sites instead of selling them we have developed a $1.6 million income stream and insured space for future growth. Long-term planning has maximized the benefits from these funds along with grants and other NON-TAX REVENUES.
- OVSD was the 1st school district in Orange County to reduce all kindergarten through 3rd grade classes to 20 or fewer students utilizing he Class Size Reduction Program.
- 14 of our 15 schools received California Distinguished School recognition.
- 1 school recieved a prestigious National Blue Ribbon School award; only 175 schools nationwide were recognized.
- Music programs were established at all schools; all 4middle schools have instrumental & vocal music instruction.
- Over 1600 computers have been placed in classrooms.
We have just begun! If elected I will:
- We kept a 10-year promise to build gymnasium/auditoriums on all 4 middle school campuses.
- All libraries have been upgraded and 4 new library buildings have been added.
- A preschool and an adult education center were opened at Oak View School in cooperation with UCI and HBUHSD.
- Safety and communications were improved by installing telephones in every classroom.
- All campuses have been painted, carpeted and improved.
Our award winning district is a cornerstone of the quality of life in this community. I have made a commitment to ensure the legacy of excellence in the Ocean View School District and with your support I will continue to contribute to its success.
- Continue our 10-year plan of school modernization WITHOUT INCREASING TAXES.
- Protect the Class Size Reduction Program.
- Address challenges of implementing new federal programs.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
November 2002 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
The League of Women Voters does not support or oppose any candidate or political party.
Created from information supplied by the candidate: October 14, 2002 08:41
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org