This information is provided by the candidate
After attending Saddleback College, Larry earned his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, graduating with a 4.0 gpa. Additional studies in engineering management.
Owner and Director of Engineering for Systems Integrated International (SII). SII implements automated control systems used to control water, wastewater, electrical power and telephone services. Previously worked for Hewlett Packard in their Research & Development Division and Huntington Beach Union High School District
FAMILY: Raised in North Tustin and returned 15 years ago to raise his family. He is married to Susan and they have a daughter, who attends a Tustin Middle School.
· During Larry's thirty-two years as a business owner, he has demonstrated his leadership abilities and has the necessary skills to move people into action. As a business owner, Larry has gained a depth of knowledge, experience and understanding of a broad range of business areas. He is well versed in personnel issues; insurance issues; financial issues; working within budgets; handling regulatory issues, and legal issues, with an eye for minimizing legal conflicts. Larry has learned the value of seeking efficient solutions and practical resolutions to problems. His international experience has given him sensitivity towards people from many cultures.
· While in management at Hewlett Packard's Research & Development group, he was responsible for finding solutions to complex problems and developing them into practical applications, as well as, learning large organization operations.
· While working in Huntington Beach Union High School District's information system's group, he was responsible for implementing budget controls. He gained insight into the internal operations of a school District.
· He is the only candidate with stated objectives and plans for implementing them. His main priority is to ensure that the students, receive a top quality education and that the elements which support that objective # teachers and facilities # stay at the top of the priorities.
· Technical support person for the Chairperson of the Technology Subcommittee, U.S. Department of Commerce's, President's Export Council. This was a volunteer position to the U.S. Government, which worked on recommendations regarding our National trade policies.
· Technical support person for the Chairperson of the Export Subcommittee of the California Chamber of Commerce. This was a volunteer position that provided information to the committee regarding export policies for California.
· I was instrumental in the implementation of the Achievement Academy which was an organization structured to help children with learning disabilities.
· While my daughter attended Tustin Memorial Academy (TMA, I was an officer on TMA's Site Council and prepared input for the District regarding the District's Educational Standards and participated in developing TMA's technology plan.