(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Alice B. Jempsa
- Occupation: Educator
- Bachelor of Science Degree, University of Minnesota;
- Master of Science Degree, Pepperdine University;
- California School Administrator Credential, California State University, Long Beach.
- Work Experience: Employed as a teacher, assistant principal, principal and reading specialist.
- Resident of Los Alamitos for 36 years.
- Married, adult children
Marilynn M. Poe
- To have comprehensive study of traffic and parking conditions in Los Alamitos to facilitate the mitigation of present and future traffice problems.
- To revitalize the cooperation and planning of businesses and the City to further a healthy and growing business community in Los Alamitos.
- Police services in our City are highly valued by our residents and businessess. I consider it very important to maintain the current standards.
- Occupation: Homemaker/Tax Preparer
- Los Alamitos City Council for the past 8 years
- 38 years of Community Volunteer Service
- 5 years Office Supervisor for H & R Block Income Tax Service & 2 years Income Tax Preparer for Windes & McClaughry Accountancy Corporation
- Married 44 years, 3 children & 1 Granddaughter
- Los Alamitos representative to the Orange County Fire Authority
- 1994 Los Alamitos Woman of the Year
- I will work diligently to increase Economic Development to insure the financial stability of our community
- Managing the traffic and parking problems of our city is one of the top concerns for our community
- The safety of our children, residential neighborhoods and our business community is always in the forefront of concern
- Occupation: Retired Police Chief
- 21 Years Professional Law Enforcement Experience
- Elected 2 Term President/ SE Los Angeles County Police Chief's Association
- Orange & Los Angeles County Law Enforcement Experience
- Los Alamitos Traffic Commission Chairman
- Regional Youth Soccer Commissioner
- Beckstrand Cancer Foundation Vice President
Bradley S. Sheridan
- Strong Supporter of Police and Fire Protection
- Public Safety is my Highest Priority
- Traffic Mitigation, and Ease of Traffic Flow
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Occupation: Consumer Attorney
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Real Estate Broker
- B.S. Business Admin. (Statistics & Data Processing) Arizona State University 1970
- Currently Mayor Pro-Tem City of Los Alamitos
- Pres/Director (Elected) Rossmoor/Los Alamitos Area Sewer District 1994-1998
- Past President Seal Beach Swim Club
- Past President Optimist Club, Uptown Long Beach
- Independent Real Estate Broker 26 years Los Alamitos (Secured Realty & Investments)
- Traffic in Los Alamitos Generated by Development in our neighboring cities.
- How we age as a city.
- Occupation: Local Business Owner
- Member, Traffic Commission, City of Los Alamitos
- President, Event Medical Services, Inc.
- Member, Los Alamitos Chamber of Commerce
- Vice Pres., Delta/Los Alamitos Bus. Center
- Treasurer, Calif.Council of EMS Educators
- Traffic Gridlock; will work with neighboring cities to improve traffic flow; minimize future improvements impact on residents and businesses.
- Safety: Maintaining local police agency for safety of our children, residents and businesses.
- Continue strong Quality of Life in Los Alamitos through parks and community service programs, youth center and Sr. Citizen programs.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|