(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
James "Jim" Reed
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member Westminster School District
- Bachelors degree from Oregon Institute of Technology
- Masters degree from Cal.State Dominguez Hills
- Served as chair for both Eastwood and Stacey Site Councils
- Served on Personnel Commission for 3 years prior to serving on the Board for the past 2 years.
- I am a Clinical Laboratory Scientist ,licensed to practice since 1969. I work for Memorial Hospital Long Beach, California. All three of my children
- have attended Westminster schools and recieved a good elementary education.
Blossie A. Marquez
- Education is best attained in clean safe enviroments: We have completed moderinzation of all 17 schools.
- Effective allocation of assets: Fortified our moderinzation and maintenance fund to ensure we won't have to pass bond measure to maintain our schools
- Teach in English,effectiveness shown as we have: Maintained our English fluency redesignation rate at the highest in Orange County.
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member, Westminster School District
- Bereavement Counselor
- Bachelor, Master's Degree-Doctoral Candidate
- St. Joseph's Health System
- Site Council President
Judith A. "Judy" Ahrens
- Provide a quality education for all students
- Promote in all students, academic excellence, social growth and responsible decision makings
- Prepare all students to live productive lives in a diverse global community
- Occupation: Educator, Businesswoman, Volunteer
- Cerritos College Degree in Business Administration
- Westminster Community Advisory Group
- Private Part-time Tutor
- Active Member of Grace Lutheran Church
- Neighborhood Watch Captain
- Secretary - Citizens for Government Accountability
Michael J. Verrengia
- Higher Academic Standards
- Greater Role in Decision Making for Parents
- Televise School Board Meetings
- Occupation: Governing Board Member - Westminster School District
- Masters Of Boardsmanship & Masters Of Governance - Calif. School Boards Assn.
- Reserve Police Officer - Garden Grove Police Dept.
- Garden Grove Police Dept. Reserve Ofc. of the Year - 1986, 1987 & 2000
- Calif. Law Enforcement Reserve Coodinators Assn. awards: Seniority Service - 1996, Patrol Service - 1999 & VALOR - 1997
- Calif. Reserve Peace Ofc. Assn. award: CALIFORNIA STATE RESERVE PEACE OFFICER OF THE YEAR- 2000
- Former PTA Pres., V/P and recipient of PTA Honorary Service Award.
- Teaching English learning students in English only.
- Providing a quality education for all students.
- Attracting quality administrators and employees.
- Occupation: Coordinator/Westminster Commissioner
- Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master's degree in Public Administration
- City of Westminster Commissioner
- City of Westminster Community Advisor
- Westminster Kiwanis Member
- Graduate of Westminster Schools
- Make schools safer for our kids
- Support after-school programs to keep kids off city streets and away from gangs and violence
- Stress the importance of strong math, science, and language skills
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Orange County Register
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.