League of Women Voters of California
Orange County, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Board Member; Buena Park School District Voter Information
4 Year Term.
Results as of Dec 6 2:34am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (32/32)|
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Mary C. Fuhrman
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Taught 23 years in the Buena Park district
- Have served on the BPSD board for 2 terms
- Current President of the BPSD board
- Completed the CSBA Masters in Boardsmanship
- Completed the CSBA Masters in Governance
- Serve on the CSBA Delegate Assembly
Elizabeth "Beth" Swift
- Continue to raise the academic achievement level of all students
- Provide clean, safe, attractive facilities for students and staff.
- Keep the district fiscally sound.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Board member for 23 years
- Lifetime resident of Buena Park
- 15 years experience as a teacher
- Currently, High School Assistant Principal
- B.A. in Home Economics/History
- M.A. in School Administration
Samuel Van Hamblen
- Take advantage of opportunities to involve parents/family members in a child's education.
- Provide training for teachers and instructional aides to meet the requirements of the "No Child Left Behind" law.
- Follow through on upgrading facilities, wisely using taxpayers' dollars.
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Corey School Site Council
- Buena Park School District Facilities Committee - 3 years
- Chairman - Buena Park Junior High School Gymnasium Joint Use Committee
- Corey School Carnival Committee Chairman - 3 years
- Buena Park Recreational League - Peanut League Head Coach - 6 years
- Orangethorpe United Methodist Church - Evangelism and Growth Committee and a member of 23 years
- To continue increasing our schools' standardized test scores
- To improve the facilities of all schools equally
- To promote the basic standards of education - The building block to a better education
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:36 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.