(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
(58.6%) in El Dorado County
(67.5%) in Sacramento County
- Occupation: Sierra College Trustee
- B.S., Engineering, University of California at Berkeley; M.B.A. , Harvard University
- Served in U.S. Navy at sea for three years.
- Spent working career in high-technology manufacturing companies, retiring from position as chief executive officer of a small manufacturing company.
- Have served on Meadow Vista's Community Plan Committee, its MAC, the Placer County Charter Review Committee and other county and local committees.
- Have three children and three grandchildren educated in the California public school system, from its elementary schools to its universities.
- Long distance runner
- Expanding the College's educational services and facilities so that they are readily accessible to all of the college district's residents.
- Continuing the efforts to acquire and maintain outstanding faculty and staff members and to provide them with the modern, high-tech tools they need.
- Improving and expanding our outreach services and coordination efforts with local high schools whose students are our "clients."
(41.3%) in El Dorado County
(32.5%) in Sacramento County
- Occupation: Taxpayer Advocate
- Received B.A. in Geology from U.C.L.A. and M.S. and Ph.D. in Geology from Stanford University
- Served as Combat Infantryman during World War II and in the Army of Occupation
- Worked as a Hydrogeologist with other scientists, engineers, and economists on resource development and enviromental protection
- Taught Ground Water at Stanford University and University of Idaho
- As a Taxpayer Advocate and President of League of Placer County Taxpayers, opposed overtaxation and promoted effective and efficient local government
- Served as Volunteer on committees, boards, and hearing panels for solid waste, utilities, transportation, art, community events, and veteran affairs
- That the College improve its performance in preparing students for four-year institutions or for productive employment in meaningful occupations
- That the District use its financial resources and buildings efficiently and effectively for education and training of Sierra College District students
- That programs and plans be based on expected increased enrollment and population and on anticipated changes in technology
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|