(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Michael G. Harris
- Occupation: Optometrist/Professor/Consultant
- Associate Dean and Clinical Professor, University of California School of Optometry
- University of California, 1966, Doctor of Optometry; University of California,1968, Masters of Science; John F. Kennedy University, 1985, Juris Doctor
- Chair, Pleasant Hill Planning Commission
- Acting Chair, Pleasant Hill General Plan Task Force
- Planner/Finacial Advisor, College Park High School Track Project
- Member of Pleasant Hill Chamber of Commerce, Friends of the Pleasat Hill Library, Friends of Rodgers Ranch, Pleasant Hill Senior Center
- The Safety and Well-being of Our Community's Children, Seniors, and Families are My Highest Priorities
- Improved Communication Between the City Council and Residents, and Community Organizations
- Resolving the City's Flood Control Problem in a Manner that Meets the Safety and Financial Concerns of the Residents
- Occupation: Building Inspector
- (former) Contra Costa County Reserve Deputy Sheriff
- Director of College Park High "Field of Dreams" program
- Small business owner
- A.A. degree from Diablo Valley College
- Husband and father of six children
- Development of a new flood basin that incorporates the construction of recreational facilities
- Hold Mt Diablo School District accountable for the conditions and maintenance of our schools and renovate our public library .
- Support local businesses with proper planning that avoids traffic congestion and promotes improved access to our merchants.
- Occupation: Businessman
- Ed: Rutgers University, London Business, Insead
- Planning Commission
- General Plan Task Force
- Ensure growth & new development is consistent with neighborhoods, Measure B, and our long-term goals
- Keep expenditure growth in line with voter-approved taxes, yet maintain & improve city services - Police, roads & sidewalks
- Redevelop area around the old Oak Park School site with a new Library, a Flood Retention Basis and Playing fields - but no Cleveland Road extension
- Occupation: Project Manager/Consultant
- BA, UCLA
- Children and Families Commission, Ad hoc Committee
Bruce L. Weissenberger
- Community-minded, proactive leadership
- Actively target and support appropriate businesses to allow for economic growth
- Conscientious redevlopment of certain areas of Pleasant Hill, notably Contra Costa Blvd corridor, Contra Costa Center and DVC Plaza
- Occupation: New Product Designer
- Tufts University AB Physics
- Univ of chicago MS: Biosciences, Pharmacology
- DVC: Real Estate Certificate
- Univ. of Calif, Berkeley Medical Admin Certificate Program
- Founded Small Entity Patent Owners Assn (SEPO) 29 Patents Owned
- Instructor, Walnut Creek Adult Education, DIY Patents
- Support expansion of the County library in Pleasant Hill, Eliminate business taxes for mini-businesses
- Save money by combining the flood basin project with housing and underground garage. Avoid annual $800+ insurance premium in flood zone.
- Montgomery Ward area development fashioned after the Sun Valley shopping center. Negotiate community approval making Crestwood conform to zoning.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|