League of Women Voters of California
Contra Costa County, CA
November 5, 2002 Election
Board Member, 4 Year; Byron Union School District Voter Information
Results as of Dec 6 2:34am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (13/13)|
(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Dennis L. Kutsuris
- Occupation: Retired Police Detective
- Master of Arts - Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice Administration
- Community College Teaching Credential
- School District Volunteer
- 1988 & 2002 "Hayward Police Officer of the Year"
- Father of 3 children currently in District schools
Linda D. Taylor
Mary (Nejedly) Piepho
- Improve Academic Achievement - "Leave No Child Behind";
- Ensure sound fiscal management and support early annual teacher contract settlements;and
- Improve communication between the District and the community.
- Occupation: Assembly Staff Member/Senior Field Representative
- Vice-President Los Medanos Community College Foundation Board
- Former Trustee, BBK Union Cemetery District
- Contra Costa Community College District Measure A Bond Oversight Committee Member
- Discovery Bay PTA Board Member
- Discovery Bay Republican Women Federated Member and Former Board Member
- Discovery Bay Chamber of Commerce, Former Board Member
David C. "Dave" Garner
- To build a cohesive relationship of the BUSD and the community it represents.
- Provide leadership and professionalism to the school board.
- Improve on-campus and inter-campus moral.
- Occupation: Business Manager
- MBA - International Business '93
- BBA - Marketing '88
- School district volunteer
- Concerned parent
- Father of two daughters
- The children must be the primary focus, all else secondary.
- The board MUST work in partnership with teachers and parents.
- The school district needs members capable of basic management.
- Occupation: Construction Sales
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- School Site Council
- School District that offers educational opportunities for ALL children
- Better utiliziation of community resources (Teachers) in educational development
- School District that is RESPONSIVE to the educational needs of the community
- Occupation: Insurance Agent
- Small Business Owner
- Community Volunteer
- Notary Public
- To ensure the student body is first and foremost the priority of this District.
- Prioritize the need for small class sizes to ensure students receive the needed attention to learn at the same level while in class.
- Be diligent to find all available funds via grants and alternative funding to implement needed programs.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: December 6, 2002 12:33 PST
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.