(Vote for 3)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Margot Robb Tobias
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Member, Board of Directors, California School Boards Association
- M.S. Education Administration
- B.A. UC Berkeley
- Past President, Murwood Elementary School PTA
- Past Member, Las Lomas High School Site Council
- Past President, Contra Costa School Boards Association
- Communication: We have to keep seeking out ways to hear our community concerns and to keep them informed.
- Budget: We face an uncertain economy and are expect a declining enrollment. We must be fiscally conservative and plan programs we can sustain.
- Negotiations : Last year's were very frustrating. With trust and good communication the union and the district can focus on improving instruction.
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- AWARDS: Orinda Co-Citizen of the Year, Association of California School Administrators Friend of Education Award
- AWARDS: Sue Stauffer Friend of Education Award, Las Trampas Creek PTA Council VSP Award
- PERSONAL: married, Jesse Crews, 29 years; Lamorinda resident since 1985
- CHILDREN: Miramonte & OUSD graduates -- Brian, Washington & Lee '01; Sarah, Yale '03; Mikey, UC Berkeley `06; Andy, Miramonte '05
- EDUCATION: Mary Baldwin, Southern CT State U., BA
- KEY POSITIONS: President (two terms), Miramonte Parents' Club, President, Del Rey Elementary Parents' Club, Chairman, AUHSD Parcel Tax Committee, 2000
J. Richard Whitmore
- The District's immediate need is to provide facilities that are adequate, safe & designed to meet the needs both of students and community members.
- Equally important is maintaining classroom excellence.
- We must maintain the fiscal integrity of the District.
- Occupation: State Education Advisor
- Chief Policy Advisor to State Superintendent
- President of Lafayette Arts & Science Foundation
- Happy Valley School Site Council & Volunteer
- Stanford University, AB, Economics, with distinction
- Harvard University, MBA
- Presidential Scholar, National Merit Scholar, Phi Beta Kappa
Dennis P. Wanken
- Budget and fiscal planning
- Student testing and its effect on school programs
- Implementation of new bond funding
- Occupation: Educational Director
- Member, Moraga Governing Board 1997-present
- B.B.A - 1978
- M.Ed - 1996
- Member, Town of Moraga Cable TV Advisory Committee
- Member, Moraga Edcuational Foundation
- Enhance trust and confidence in the AUHSD
- Enhance fiscal managment of the AUHSD
- Improve quality of life in the classroom
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|