(Vote for 5)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Donald L. "Dobie" Gelles
Karla E. Goodbody
- Occupation: Teacher/Counselor/Administrator
Brian A. Morrison
- Occupation: Business Owner/Designer
- Occupation: Air Conditioning Contractor
Ken W West
- Occupation: Businessman/Educator/Author
- Occupation: Business Owner
- State Licence Contractor
- Nasa - Award - Space Shuttle Program
- High School - Volunteer Teacher
- Business Owner 17 years
- Castro Valley Little League Board 5 years
- Physic technician - Goverment Awards
Lester "Les" Friedman
- Castro Valley Redevelopment Program for downtown
- More Youth programs In Castro Valley
- NOT to have Property Taxes be raised
- Occupation: Attorney
- California Veteran-Captain U.S. Air Force Intelligence, 1961-1968
- Attorney and Economist
- Bachelors and Masters in Economics
- Juris Doctorate in Law.
- All City Resident should be able to attend CV Schools
- Sidewalks where children walk to Schools
- Local control of our tax dollars; CV Boulevard revitalization including timing of traffic signals.
- Occupation: Enviromental Consulting Director
- Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Director of Environmental Services at Forensic Analytical in Hayward
- Manage 20 employees, negotiate contracts and participate in strategic company meetings
- Most profitable division of our highly successful company over the last 5 years
- Guest lecturer at UC Berkeley
- Business Owner and Parent
- Ensure fiscal responsibility
- Revitalize the downtown business district
- Represent all groups of Castro Valley without pushing any personal, hidden agendas
- Occupation: Project Development Manager
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, UC- Berkeley
- MSME, Mechanical Engineering, UC- Berkeley
- MBA- Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- Project Development Manager, currently for Calpine in Dublin, CA
- Project Manager/Project Engineer for Bechtel in San Francisco, CA
- Registered Professional Engineer in California
Dennis R. Botelho
- Pro incorporation- I support the successful transition of Castro Valley to a City.
- I support redevelopment of the Castro Valley Blvd. Corridor reflecting Castro Valleyans' image.
- I support creation of parks including a skateboard park to enhance recreational facilities for Castro Valley families and youth.
Donald V. Clair
- Occupation: Retired Military
Leroy Melvin Pegis
- Occupation: Retired Consultant
William G. Fuller
Wendy M. Oglesby
David Kane Ashton
- Occupation: Retired-Recreation Superintendent
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- League of Women Voters Eden Area
Candidates Forum for Castro Valley City Council
- October 15, 7 to 9 p.m.
Canyon Middle School 19600 Cull Canyon Road, Castro Valley
Contra Costa Times
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Yes on Q
- No on Q
- Citizens for Castro Valley
- The Citizens for Castro Valley (C4CV) was formed in 1985. It was formed by Castro Valley Citizens to explore the feasibility and desirability of self government.
- Castro Valley Democratic Club - California