(Vote for 2)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Randy W. Shumway
- Occupation: Business Marketing Executive
- MBA; Harvard Business School, Highest Honors
- Scoutmaster, Dublin Boy Scout Troop 549
- Director, Dublin Ranch Association
- Teaching Experience at Harvard University and Brigham Young University
David G. Haubert
- Increase the standard of expectation in our students and then provide them the resources to achieve to that level
- Better enable and support our teachers
- Improve collaboration with parents, community, and local businesses
- Occupation: Business Executive
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, California State University, Northridge
- M.B.A. Degree, U.C.L.A.
- School Site Chairman (2 years)
- Dean's List
John B. Ledahl
- I promise to fight for the highest academic standards - district wide.
- I work hard to ensure that all teachers and students have the resources they need to be successful.
- I promise to keep an "open door" policy so that parents and teachers can suggest needed changes.
- Occupation: Teacher/ Businessman
- Trainer and credentialed teacher
- 20 year high tech management career
- School Board President/Trustee - Dublin
- School Board President/Trustee - ROP
- Member, District Budget and Techology Committees
- Master in Business Administration, BA in Education
Tanya Marie Clark
Terry L. Anest
- Improve Classroom Curriculum and Teaching
- Build one large High School for ALL Dublin students
- Expand Safety Programs to prevent violence in our schools
- Occupation: Businessman/Athletic Coach
- President of an International manufacturing company
- Dublin High School football coach for the past 6 years
- 13 year resident of Dublin
- Support one high school( location to be determined)
- Improve communication at all levels within the District
- Further the use of Technology in our schools
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidates' Forum sponsored by the League of Women Voters LAV and the Dublin/San Ramon Women's Club.
- October 2, 7 p.m. at the Dublin School District Boardroom, 7471 Larkdale Avenue, Dublin
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Tri-Valley Herald 10/2/02: School candidates debate issues
- 10/16/02: Six people compete for two school board spots
- Valley Times 10/2/02: Hopefuls agree on need to rebuild
- 10/17/02: District growth, changes at center of school board race