(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Staff Assistant to Alameda County Supervisor Wilma Chan
- Co-Founder of the Association of Chinese Families of the Disabled
- Co-Founder of the East Bay Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Licensed Clincal Social Worker
- Master's Degree in Social Work, San Francisco State University
- Chair, Alameda County Board of Supervisors Health Committee
Ralph J. Appezzato
- Expand Health Care Coverage for Children and Families
- Develop Early Intervention Programs for Children and Youth
- Enhance Services and Programs for Seniors
- Occupation: Mayor, City of Alameda
- Masters Degree, Education - Villanova University
- Former Colonel, U.S. Marine Corps
- Councilmember, City of Alameda
- President, City of Alameda Planning Board
- Vice President, Bank of America
- Chief Operating Officer, Volunteers of America
- Housing, to include affordable housing; creating transportation infrastructure and other issues that will promote and enhance economic vitality.
- Advocating for business development and job creation while promoting harmony with both the business and labor communities.
- Promoting social programs and awareness, especially for seniors and youth (our two most vulnerable populations).
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Meet the Candidate
News and Analysis
- Friday, October 18 at 6:40 PM
Hearing Room 1
Oakland City Hall
Sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Oakland
- This will be broadcast live on KTOP Cable Channel 10 and rebroadcast before Nov. 5. Check schedule at http://www.oaklandnet.com
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.