(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Businessman/Educator
- Elected Member, Democratic National Committee
- Senior Vice President, eBay
- Office of Economic Development, City of SanJose
- Teacher, Stanford Business School
- Department of Energy, Carter Administration
- Vice Chair, California Democratic Party
Johan "Klehs" Klehs
- Improve California's economy. The only candidate with the right combination of experience.
- Strengthen public education. Endorsed by California Teachers Association.
- Build California's infrastructure for the future. Endorsed by CA NOW and the League of Conservation Voters.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Member, California State Board of Equalization
- Member of the State Board of Equalization (BOE)
- Current Vice Chair and past Chair of the BOE
- As, Chair of the BOE, he served as a member of the Franchise Tax Board
- Honored as "Legislator of the year" by California Abortion Rights Action League
- Served in the California Assembly for 12 years
- Chair of the Tax and Revenue Committee
- Will make sound judgements with CALPERS and CALSTRS
- Will make sure that women have full and equal access to reproductive health care services, that is why Plannned Parenthood supports my race
- Protecting the environment that is why I have the Sierra Club and California League of Consevation Voters
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Easy Reading Voter Guide
KQED-FM 88.5 Public Radio
News and Analysis
San Diego Union-Tribune
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- See the candidates and issues from the 11/03/1998 election.