(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Laurence "Larry" Houlgate
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Educator/Bioethics Consultant
- Professor of Philosophy, emeritus, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- B.A., Cal. State University, L.A.
- M.A., Ph.D., U.C.L.A.
- Founder and president, International Society for Family Law and Family Ethics
- Scholar of the Year, 2000, College of Liberal Arts, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Founder and member of five Medical Ethics committees in San Luis Obispo County, California
Merrily T. Karr
- Universal, single-payer health care for all California children
- Equal educational opportunities for all California children, without regard to family income, place of residence, social class, etc.
- A living wage for all working families with children to support.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Writer/Businessperson/Teacher
- BA and Post-Graduate Studies, Psychology
- State Department Lecturer (Foreign Services Ofc.)
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Interpreter in Mexico for Richmond-Times Dispatch Newspaper
- Author of 'Confetti' and 'The Gringa and the Revolutionary'
- Public Safety - During this period of transition and upheaval in our communities I believe that preparedness not denial comprises our strength.
- Since we are an immigrant country and I've studied population demographics, I believe we have to balance education to accommodate this reality.
- Our youth no longer have role-models as in the past--having been a Mentor and a Mentoring Case Worker, I see great value in this effort.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- About the Candidates
- Browse the page to find the link for Assembly District 33. Then find Biography, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT), Special Interest Groups, and Voting Record where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.