(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Joseph Edward Holland
- Occupation: Deputy County Assessor
- Masters Degree - Economics - UCSB
- Bachelors Degree - Business Economics - UCSB
- Certified Public Finance Officer CPFO - Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Certificate - Advanced Appraiser - California State Board of Equalization
- License - Real Estate Broker - State of California
- UCLA Executive Program - Anderson School of Business
Larry Gerard Herrera
- Provide Impartial Election Services - I will conduct the office with integrity and ensure that it is not used for political purposes.
- Improve the Quality and Timeliness of County Assessment Services
- Improve Countywide Recordation Services - Allow for recordations in Lompoc and Santa Maria
- Occupation: Asst. Santa Barbara Co. Clerk-Recorder-Assessor (1988 -2002)
- Finance & Budget Analyst, City of Santa Monica (1988)
- Management Analyst, City of Santa Barbara (1981-1987)
- Hurman Resources Analyst, City of Commerce (1980-81)
- Master Degree in Public Administration, California State University, Fullerton (1981)
- Certified Property Appraiser, State of California, Board of Equalization (1994)
- Board Member, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Increase voter registration and election day voting by seniors, youth, the mobile home community, working parents and all citizens of SB County.
- Provide excellent public service in the areas of recordings and property taxes so that all property tax assessments are fair, accurate and timely.
- Reduce property tax burden for small businesses, mobile home owners, low-income seniors, non-profit groups via an extensive public education program.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Clerk-Recorder Candidates Forum
- February 11, Monday, 7:30 p.m.
Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara Public Library
Cosponsored by League of Women Voters of Santa Barbara Education Fund, Cox Communications, and American Association of University Women-SB