League of Women Voters of California
Contra Costa County, CA
March 5, 2002 Election
Green Party County Council At Large; County of Contra Costa Voter Information
Results as of Apr 19 10:55am, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (910/910)|
(Vote for 7)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
- Occupation: Nature Educator
- Green Party activist since 1993
- Served on the Contra Costa County Council for 4 years
- Clearinghouse Coordinator for the Green Party of Contra Costa.
- Campaign Director for the Peter Miguel Camejo for Governor
- Growth of the Green Party at both the local and state levels.
- Encouraging qualified Greens to run for local office.
- Environmental awareness of Contra Costa and California.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Served as Chief of Staff for County Supervisor Nancy Fahden (1976-1979)
- Served as Chief of Staff for County Supervisor Jim Rogers (1994-1998)
- Coordinated the Campaign for Ralph Nader for President in Contra Costa County in 2000
- Planning and Land Use
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- BA in Mathematics (cum laude) from Pomona College (1973)
- MBA from University of Chicago (1975)
- Founding member and first president of the DuPage County, Illinois, Women's Political Caucus
- National Treasurer for Homemakers for ERA
- Credentialed as a CPA since 1988
- Founded her own accounting firm in 1991
Craig D. Peterson
- Keeping California's Economy Strong
- Use of Economically Targeted Investments to help all areas of California to prosper
- Use of Socially Responsible Investments to help increase the returns we receive
- Occupation: Laborer
- Communications Committee member
- Delegate to LA plenary
- Member of the Camejo for Governor steering committee
Christy L. Gale
- Making sure that communication between members improves.
- Outreach to voters who are not yet members of the Green Party.
- Networking with like minded groups and organizations.
- Occupation: Legal Secretary
- Treasurer for the Green Party of Contra Costa since 1997
- Former member of the Ecology Working Group of the Green Party of California
- Have been involved with the Green Party of Contra Costa since its inception
- Have served on the County Council for three previous terms.
Sharon L. Peterson
- Environmental concerns for the county and world
- Wise use of the funds we are given
- That we, as a political party, set an example of ethical behavior
- Occupation: Secretary
- Serves as a committee member in the Green Party of Contra Costa since Summer 2000.
- Manages the local party's website.
- Serves as Bay Area representative on the Coordinating Committee for the Green Party of CA.
Michael Ray Ritter
- Develop and keep clear communications both within the party and within the greater community.
- Use the web and newsletter to inform and inspire members of the party.
- Help the community become aware that there is an alternative to "Business as Usual."
- Occupation: Courier/Songwriter
- I am a California native, born and raised in Long Beach.
- I attended Long Beach City College and Cal-State University at Long Beach, majoring in political science
- I was appointed to a vacant position on the County Council in June 2001
David James Smith
- Growth of the Green Party in East County
- Electoral Reform (such as instant runoff voting and proportional representation)
- Campaign Finance Reform
- Occupation: Purchaser
- Manager of the Inventory Control Office of Water Pollution Control for the City and County of San Francisco.
- President of the Canyon Elementary School District governing board.
- Presently serving on the County Council of the Green Party of Contra Costa.
- Former instructor at St. Mary's College in the Integral Program.
- I received my bachelor's degree from St. Mary's College.
- I received my master's degree from UC San Diego.
- Increasing environmental awareness of the community
- Using the scientific resourses of the area to focus on local needs.
- Have more Green Party members run for and win local offices.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created: April 19, 2002 16:46 PDT
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.