(Vote for 1)
Click on highlighted
name for additional information supplied by candidate.
Contact non-highlighted candidates and encourage them to provide information for
Trina Thompson Stanley
- Occupation: Superior Court Commissioner
- A.B. in Legal Studies from the University of California at Berkeley and graduated for UC Berkeley's Boalt Hall School of Law in 1986
- Became a member of the California State Bar in 1987 and the Northern District of California, U.S. District Court in 1990
- Black Expo 2001 Excellence in Business Award: Finalist, Black Professional of the Year
- Cleo Fellowship recipient, 1983 -1985
- UC Berkeley Outstanding Leadership and Community Service Award, 1983
- Black Alumni Achievment Award, 1983
- Ethical, Equal and Fair Access to Justice
- Civil and Criminal Experience
- Marriage between the Court and the Community through Education
- Occupation: Ethics Consultant, Mediator
- Six Years of Judicial Experience at the State Bar Court
- 13 Year of Civil Litigation Experience
- Clerked for a California Supreme Court Justice
- Appointed First Chair of the Oakland Public Ethics Commission
- Involved with the Community through the Oakland Youth Chorus, the Oakland BobbySox Softball League and the McKinley Foundation
- Assure Fair and Fast Access to Justice for All
- Promote Judicial Involvement in the Community outside the Courtroom
- Bring Civil Experience to the Bench
- Occupation: Admiral/Bar President
- Retired Naval Reserve Rear Admiral
- President, Alameda County Bar Association, 2001
- volunteer Judge Pro Tem for Alameda County Superior Court
- Civil Trial Lawyer, 26 years
- highest possible rating by his peers for legal skills and ethics
- only currently practicing trial lawyer for this trial court position
Michael P. Goldstein
- Protecting innocent victims of crime and their families.
- Being the best Superior Court trial court judge that I can be.
- Outreach to the residents of Alameda County to bring people and organizations together to work with the Court to make our communties better.
- Occupation: Attorney
- Princeton University graduate, high honors, 1969
- Stanford Law School graduate, 1973
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology, 1995
- Experience in counseling and mediation
- 27-year county resident
- Father of two college-age daughters
- Protecting our security, dignity, equality, and environment, whether threatened by criminals, corporations, employers, or even overzealous officers
- Treating all parties with respect and decency, regardless of who seems right or wrong
- Using advanced mediation techniques to resolve disputes appropriately and promote healing of relationships
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
All candidates have been invited to supply additional information to Smart Voter.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters' Candidates' Forum
News and Analysis
- Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 PM, Oakland City Hall, Hearing Room 1, 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Oakland 94612
- This forum was taped and will be broadcast on KTOP Cable Channel 10 in Oakland from 5:30 - 6:15 PM Saturday, March 2 and from 9 - 9:45 AM Tuesday, March 5.
- Thursday, Feb.14 from 7:00 to 9:10 PM, at the Mastic Senior Center, 3195 Santa Clara, Alameda 94501
- Thursday, Feb. 21 from 7:30 to 9:30 PM, at Harbor Community Center, 3195 McCartney Road on Bay Farm Island, Alameda 94501
The public is invited to attend and submit questions for the candidates.
The Recorder (on Law.com)
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.