(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: President/Prestige Travel
- Miami Univ. BS Business 1976
- Member Sycamore Sch Bd. 16 years
- Member Great Oaks Jt. Vocational Sch Bd. 16 yrs
Mary C. Overman
- Work to solve "ability grouping" at High school & Jr. High
- Work to extend levy past promised 4 years, while keeping and expanding programs
- work to infuse technology into all subjects
- Occupation: Teacher
- Masters of Education (with honors) from Valdosta State College.
- An educator for 25 years, 22 with Cincinnati Public Schools.
- Three children graduated from Sycamore Schools; Amy Overman, Tina Gillihan, Larry Gillihan.
- Heavily involved with Sycamore Schools as a parent volunteer.
- Credentialed Lead Teacher with Cincinnati Public Schools.
- Sunday School teacher for 25 years.
Jean A. Staubach
- Returning an educator to the Sycamore Board of Education.
- Implementing Ohio Senate Bill 1 in a way that enhances the Sycamore District.
- Implement school funding when mandated, to keep Sycamore as a excellent district.
- Occupation: Homemaker/part-time Medical Writer
- 4-year member of Sycamore Board of Education
- 2001 School Board President
- B.S. Biology University of Dayton
- Gifted Advisory Council member
- Ability Grouping Teacher and Parent Committee member
- Active parent in Sycamore sports, music, academics and art activities
Mary Jane Kenyon
- Educate our Students for the 21st Century (emphasis on curriculum and technology enhancements)
- Promote Financial Responsibility (stretch our levy as long as possible)
- Engage the Community in the Vision of the District
- Occupation: Retired
- Education: Glendale H.S.
- 20 years Sycamore Schools Business Office employee
- auditor trained
- have attended all Board meetings since July 1996
Don A. Hirsch
- A commitment to return to honest communication to all district residents.
- 2. Fiscal spending policies respectful of all district residents
- A commitment to return to ethics and integrity when serving the public.
- Occupation: Retired Vice President Corporate Labor Relations
- B.S. Degree Indiana University, Industrial Relations
- Teaching experience, University of Pittsburgh, and Marquette University
- Current Instructor (Moderator @ University of Cincinnati, ILR Program
- Business Representative (Business Research Advisiory Committee - U.S. Department of Labor)
- Long Record of Community Service in Montgomery Area
- Wife, Dr. Vicki E. Hirsch has taught in Sycamore Schoo District for some thirty years
- How does Sycamoare, with its newly built facilities (in every building), recognize the limits to the resources of our Taxpayers.
- Must maintain local control and standards of educational excellence.
- Must cope with ever increasing pressures from State Agencies
- Occupation: President, Columbia Personnel (Blue Ash)
- Masters - Kellogg Graduate School of Mgmt (Northwestern Univ)
- Former Vice-Chairperson - Sycamore Planning Commission
- Wrote book on balancing Federal Budget-1993
- Lived in Montgomery since 1984
- Married Valerie (20 years)
- Sons: Aaron (Sycamore HS Freshman), Robby (Greene Intermediate)
- Comprehensively reinstitute 4-Tier Ability Levels at both Junior High & High School
- Secure outstanding LOCAL legal representation for the District
- Strategically examine impact of lower enrollment (facility utilization, cost control)
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
News and Analysis
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6! Polls are open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Make Democracy Work
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Sycamore Community School District
- Sycamore Schools