(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Pat F. Gentile
- Occupation: Finance Manager (Procter & Gamble)
- MBA (Finance): Xavier University
- 10+ years as member of Madeira Board of Education -- President for the past 5 years.
- Previous to Madeira Board of Education: 8 years Madeira Schools Planning Commission member.
- Other past/present board member participation: Ohio University, Xavier University, Time Warner/P&G ParentTime LLC., Conde Nast/P&G Phys.com LLC.
- Family: Jacque (wife), Daughters (Betsy and Sarah -- both Madeira graduates).
- Madeira resident for 26 years.
- Remain a top school district in Ohio and in greater Cincinnati.
- Enhance community trust and support through open communications.
- Fight to change the current State underfunded mandate formula.
- Occupation: Board of Directors, Printers Bindery Services, Inc.
- BA, Psychology, University of Cincinnati, 1977
- Graduate of Madeira High School, 1973
- Married to George, MHS '71
- 3 sons, Mark, MHS '00, Steve & Tom still attending Madeira.
- Madeira Schools Foundation/Alumni Association Auction Chair 2001 and 2002
- Maintain Madeira's tradition of excellence in education.
- Fight for local control of our schools.
- Fight against under funded mandates that tax our financial resources.
- Occupation: Internet Communications Consultant
- Education: BA in Business Administration - Wittenberg University, 1976
- Family: Wife (Peggy) and sons (Michael and Brian)
- Only candidate with young children in Madeira's Dumont and Sellman Schools
- 25 years of experience in management, finance, marketing, and technology
- Has extensively researched education trends and testified before state and federal legislators regarding the impact on our local schools
- Volunteers in the schools and in Madeira Cub Scout Pack
Andrew H. "Andy" Garman
- Represent parents of school aged children & improve communication with all Madeira taxpayers
- Preserve local control along with the high academic standards of Madeira Schools
- Avoid higher taxes by monitoring the local budget and fighting unnecessary state mandates
- Occupation: First Vice President of Gradison-McDonald Investments.
- MBA in Finance from Indiana University
- Currently serving four years as Madeira School Board member
- Lived in Madeira 16 years with wife, Jana
- Two children, Jenny & Jon, both Madeira graduates
- Past member of Madeira Schools Planning Commission - serving as President last two years
- Active in Madeira schools serving as classroom volunteer, Careers Day speaker, & music and athletic booster volunteer
- Continue fighting under-funded & unfunded state mandates
- Remain a top performing school district in Ohio & greater Cincinnati area
- Manage finances wisely & remain salary competitive with local school districts
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
News and Analysis
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6! Polls are open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Make Democracy Work
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Madeira School District