(Vote for 4)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Executive Director, Hamilton County Democratic Party
- Neighborhood: North Avondale
- Education: Xavier University, B.S. 1975
- Am an elected member of the State Board of Education and represent Hamilton and Warren Counties, serving since 1995.
- I am a thirty year resident of Cincinnati and married with two sons in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- My daughter attends the University of Dayton.
- High quality teachers in all Cincinnati Public School classrooms
- Increased academic achievement for all students
- Increased availability of career and technical instruction (vocational education)
- Occupation: Business Manager, Thomas R. Warner, architect
- Neighborhood: Columbia-Tusculum
- Education: B.Ed; M.Ed
- Parent of four children educated in CPS; have dedicated myself to quality public education for all children for 20 years;
- Elected to the school board in 1997. For four years I chaired the committee responsible for
- reviewing and referring for action all the major reform programs in our schools.
- Continue to move district in the direction established by the strategic plan
- Improve the physical condition of all of our school buildings
- Enhance parent involvement by providing educational programs on proficiency and credit-granting standards
- Occupation: Professor NKU; Independent consultant, C.D. Ingram
- Neighborhood: Mt. Auburn
- Education: B.S. Marketing UC; MBA University of Cincinnati
- Experience as a Cincinnati Board of Ed. member since 1993.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Ohio School Boards Assn. and representative of the Federal Relations Network of the National School Boards Assn
- . Life long resident of Cincinnati. A parent of two CPS graduates. A CPS graduate.
- Extensive corporate and public work experience.
- Push for academic inclusion toward closing all gaps.
- Increase opportunities for administrator, teacher and staff development and learning.
- Accelerate creation of physical environments conducive to learning.
- Occupation: Retired Teacher (3 yrs., Heinold; 27 yrs.; Walnut Hills High
- Neighborhood: College Hill
- Education: B.A., M.A., Peabody College, Vanderbilt University
- Member, Cincinnati Board of Education, 8 yrs.,
- Served as Facilities Chairperson, 3 yrs.; Program Chairperson, 2 yrs.; Member, Finance Committee.
- Miami University Ohio Teacher of Year, 1991. President, G.C.S.E. Credit Union, Inc.
G. R. Schloemer
- Raise student achievement.
- Improve school facilities.
- Increase parent and community involvement and support of our schools.
- Occupation: Retired Sales and Training Consultant
- Neighborhood: Springfield Township/Hartwell
- Education: University of Cincinnati College of Applied Science, Assoc MET,
- University of Cincinnati - BSBA Xavier University - MBA
- Oak Hills School District Board of Education 1979-1986. President 1982 - 1986.
- Successfully led diverse group of school administrators, teachers and parents through conflicts and financial difficulties. Co-chaired tax levy campai
- Ongoing involvement in education. Father of CPS teacher. Grandfather of CPS students. HOST Reading Mentor - Oyler Elementary.
Fredrick T. Suggs, Sr.
- Provide strong leadership to further the reform movement in Cincinnati Public Schools.
- Ensure our children have the best facilities and resources possible.
- Empower parents, teachers, and administrators by bridging gaps.
- Occupation: Publisher
- Neighborhood: N. Avondale
- Education: Burrell Hi, Florence, Ala. Attended UC.
- Community activist for better schools.
- Past Pres. PTA's Porter Hays - Taft Hi, Member of Taft LSDMC,
- active for over 50 years in support of public schools.
- Promote the implementation of 3 Rs/Pre K-3
- Work for a better school system
- Work with administration team to upgrade system
- Occupation: Real Estate Professional; Substitute Teacher
- Neighborhood: Hyde Park
- Education: MS, Corrections
- Successful real estate professional, written 5 books on real estate, appear on two public access television shows, and publish a newspaper about
- Hyde Park
- Recently became substitute teacher in Norwood schools and St. Bernard and this fall will include CPS.
- This experience has given better understanding of the problems.
Roy L. McGrath
- Get parents more involved
- Return respect to the teachers & principals
- Develop higher pay for better performance by teachers & principals
- Occupation: Consultant limiting practice to service organization, Dpts a
- Neighborhood: Clifton Heights
- BBA (act-mgmt) BSc (Behavior Science-a multi-discipline) MBA & MEd.
- Studied service industries and Educational delivery system extensively.
- Longitudinal study of CinPubSchool/CinBdEd since 1992. Many years as an Ohio Licensed Public Accountant.
- Graduated from USArmy NCO Academy, 56h of 85 graduates, Korea Main-Line-Of-Resistance 13 months starting and ending 7-53
- got Combat Infantryman Badge . . .
- To expedite stated reforms and study missing ones or inactive ones.
- To uncover disposition of Miscellaneous Proprietary funds, nots its withheld taxes.
- To study University of Cincinnati's siphon/skimming/fleecing/hiding Ohio's lottery profit, earmarked/appropriated for education ...
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6! Polls are open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Make Democracy Work
News and Analysis
- Parent and Community Forum with the Candidates for the CPS Board of Elections October 2, 2001
- ICRC Playback of Candidates Forum
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Cincinnati Public Schools