League of Women Voters of Ohio
Hamilton County, OH
November 6, 2001 Election
Judge; Hamilton County Municipal Court; District 3 Voter Information
6 Year Term. Salary: $89,000
|Has original jurisdiction in civil cases (auto, neighborhood disputes etc.) involving claims of $15,000 or under, and in criminal cases involving misdemeanors in Hamilton County. Conducts preliminary hearings in felony cases.
Results as of Nov 21 12:55pm|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Karla J. Grady
- Occupation: Judge
- Neighborhood: Finneytown/Springfield Township
- Education: Ohio StateUniversity, University of Cincinnati B.S., Capital University J.D.
- Judge on Hamilton County Municipal Court since 1995.
- Currently the administrative/presiding judge for the Court; was a faculty member of the Ohio Judicial College, teaching courses for other judges in
- in the areas of sentencing and motions to suppress.
- Formerly a Chief Prosecutor, Juvenile Division, Hamilton County Prosecutor?s Office.
Edward J. Felson
- Establish Mental Health Court within Municipal Court.
- Ensure that the public feels they are being treated fairly and impartially.
- Expand the Court?s License Intervention Program.
- Occupation: Attorney and Professional Musician
- Education: Walnut Hills; New England Conservatory of Music; UC Coll. Of Law
- In my twelve year career I have litigated: to stop illegal property seizure;
- for the return of illegal security deposits; to stop certain used-car dealers from overcharging consumers;
- to stop the illegal ?pay to stay? program at our jail; to increase wages for public defenders.
- Restore citizens? trust in Hamilton County?s judicial system
- Advocate increased preparation time for public defenders to help prevent wrongful convictions
- Support procedures that encourage selection of juries that are reflective of our community
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6. Make Democracy Work
News and Analysis
- ICRC Playback of Candidates Forum
- Tips For Hamilton County Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Hamilton County Municipal Court
- Municipal Civil Court
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: December 3, 2001 15:31
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.